vlite 0.95b ram tweak

guestxx

remove what you've typed about a pirated copy of windows btw..

depends how fussy you are in terms of how much ram you think you need

i hate using xp with less than 1gb, just isn't fast enough

-in vlite, tweaks section, system, memory requirement

The Xp is easy ... just search for version made by amit talkin 2005. He named it "Windows XP Service Pack3 build2" I'am using it for year and a half till now - no problems. Install it on a couple of friends's pc - also no problem at all. And it is a lot faster than the original thing

There's no such thing as Service Pack 3, and what you're talking about is illegal so please don't mention any such stuff in this forum again. Also, Microsoft *highly* discourages people from downloading such readymade packs calling themselves "service pack 3", for obvious reasons. You don't need MS telling you that- its common sense.

As for that particular XP, I highly discourage people from downloading such copies, not only because of its legality, but practically speaking they aren't any good. When you have such wonderful and easy to use software like nLite, there's no reason why someone would download a customised disk. If you thought that XP was fast, then you obviously didn't try nLite now, did you? I could list a 100 reasons why you shouldn't or wouldn't want to use that XP, but it'll take this thread seriously off topic.

As you can see I'am not giving you a link to download "pirated version" only want to help you find better and faster windows, that i've tested, and know 100% that this version is better. Sorry if i've done something wrong ...we don't pay the software here, this is for free at least ;)

I was not using nlite on the customized disk it was more than ok. The big deal is that i want to run Vista now to see if it will suits me

Edited by guestxx

VistaNo_mem will only work if the installation files are modified and istallation will be from Harddisk..So youi must copy Vista-lite to your harddisk..if you have less that 256mb in your case 240-\Thats the only way i did it..i had 240 aswel on my satellite p3(1000mhhz)

In all other cases you will get an unknown error when booted from the modified Vlite cdrom.. or memory faillure when booted with non modified cdrom!

That what i saw..by the way i did not test the latest Vlite as yet..i will update today !