Missing CardGames.dll please help

h4ns9l

Hey,

I removed all the vista games when making it fit on a cd-r.

My plan was to install the games and screensavers of my choice once the bareboned install was complete.

I got chess working but the card games need the dll called CardGames.dll to execute.

Can someone please upload this file or let me know where on the original vista dvd I can find it.

Ive searched the dvd with no luck. Someone told me it may be hidden in a cab file.

thanks in advanced

i have a barebone install. I forgot to save the cardgames.dll when i had the full version installed.

I was hoping someone could help me out insead of me having to format reinstall full version, then format and reinstall barebone install. Just for a dll.

I was sayin i cant find the dll on the dvd.

Can someone uploadit please

Well I got the DLL from a friend placed it in the system 32 folder and now the Card games work.

Recap:

From full install..... Copied the Microsoft game files from Programs directory (around 109MB) onto a CD

Reinstalled Vista without games.

Copied the Microsoft games files back in programs directory, placed CardGames.dll in system32

Copied .exe for each game in the Games link in the Start Menu

Side note, You can copy individual screen savers dlls into system32 as well. I only kept my favorite ones.