Car audio help needed

dcyphure

stock 2005 honda civic, i just wanted to beef up sound a bit without spending much money.

bought 2 infinity reference 6x9's and an alpine t220 amp (50w rms pch)

i'm keeping stock headunit but only has 2 speaker outputs for rear, so i used the high input connections in the amp.

i have this older RF punch amp but only has preamp inputs, i want to somehow take my 2 existing speaker ouputs and produce an extra 2 ouputs for preamp while retaining 2 others for my alpine amp for 6x9's

if i just wire 2 rca jacks together along with alpine inputs i get no sound, they mute each other for some reason plus i know its not good to have high ouput on preamp anyway..it pops on start.

is there some kind of high ouput to preamp converter i can use?

and how would i make 4 ouputs from 2 that wont mute each other out? i assumed wiring 4 ouputs to the original 2 would just split them all seperatly but is there a converter for this?

also fyi i'm not exactly sure which head unit rear ouputs are + and -

right channel is pink and blue/white other is blue/black and blue white if i recall and i really dont want or need another head unit.

i understand what you're aiming for, but i've only helped my sister replace existing speakers...not add any...

if you were to add more without loosing anything, try wiring in series rather than in parallel. or a concept like that, you may find it much easier.

it may not work like that....as far as i know each speaker from a amp needs a dedicated output, putting two speakers on the same terminal with short them out hense your "pop"

you should have outputs on your headunit........

wire a set of speakers to the headunit and then a set to the amp......and run it like that.........or you may have to purchase another amp and then bridge it

sounds to me like you need to buy a simple cross over , you should be able to get a simple cheap one for around 20 bucks at a pawn shop or even a regular sound shop, what it will do is allow you to set up the system that you want there for fine tuning it for low output and high out put,, youll just basically, run your ground, remote and hot wire to it, then run the rca from the head unit to the cross over, then from there youll be able to simple run a rca for highs and a rca for mids or lows to each amp, plus by doing this like ive said before, you can fine tune the frequency levels that youd like for your speakers..

heres an example of a basic crossover that will definatly fit your needs based on what your saying,

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...id/0/rid/118099

the newer honda civics are a HUGE pain to change head units or even get to the back of it but mine doesnt have preamp anyway...i had to dissassemble my entire rear interior including taking the rear seat out just to replace the 6x9's...plus some fabricating to allow room for the larger magnets on them..i'm not going through anything like that again.

thanks lost soul, your right something like that is what i need

however i think i found a more suitable model this morning...a kicker 2 way crossover that has high level inputs for left and right channels and 2 sets of preamp ouputs and 110 db signal to noise ratio and 18 octave slope..its an extra $60 over the one you linked but should be worth it, i need to cut some bass from the 6x9's anyway

thanks lost soul, your right something like that is what i need

however i think i found a more suitable model this morning...a kicker 2 way crossover that has high level inputs for left and right channels and 2 sets of preamp ouputs and 110 db signal to noise ratio and 18 octave slope..its an extra $60 over the one you linked but should be worth it, i need to cut some bass from the 6x9's anyway

good deal, id definatly take the one you mentioned, i only posted a basic model crossover, i wasnt sure how far you wanted to go with it, kicker is and has always been i decent brand