DVD/CD Drive Stopped Working

Hi all. I have an LG GSA-H20L combo drive. It was working perfectly, and I used it to burn a CD a couple of days ago without any problems. Today I wanted to play a DVD, so I put it in, it spins and the light blinks a bit, but then....nothing. I go to explorer and it just says "DVD-Ram Drive" and if I click on it, it says "please insert disk". If I try any others subsequent to that, it just blinks a few times, without even spinning. This happens with DVDs of all types, sizes, CDs etc....any media.

I've tried setting autorun to both on and off. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drive. I have updated it to the latest firmware too, all without having any luck. Any ideas what could have caused it....very weird especially since it worked 100% just a couple of days ago. Any other things you suggest I try to possibly resolve the issue? It is unfortunately out of warranty by a few months already.

Cheers,

X

PS. Windows XP Pro, fully up to date

Edited by xenithon

And to add, it only spins the first times a disc is inserted after the PC restarts - after that, any disc inserted and it just blinks a few times and does nothing, not even spin. I've tried cleaning the lens too. Funny thing is, if I boot up with say an audio CD in the drive, it recognizes it. But if I eject it and put another disc in, it doesn't do anything.