Change Post-logon Screen Color

btodd

Hey. Does anyone know how to change the logon screen that appears after you logon and before your xp theme loads and you are in windows. I am talking about the solid baby-blue background that only shows for like 2 seconds.

I already fixed my classic logon screen to match my theme, via here: http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/logo_sc...cr.html#xplogin This fixed the background color behind the classic logon screen from baby-blue to match my theme. But once you login, that is where the other baby-blue screen shows up.

Any ideas? I have been searching for days trying to get this.. :)

"%windir%\System32\logonui.exe" change that to change that screen! :)

Thanks for your response DaveXP. But that's the actual logon screen, right? I'm not talking about that one. I am refering to the solid baby-blue screen that appears for about 2 seconds after you get through the logon screen, right before you are up and running in windows. It only seems to happen when you first logon after a reboot. It doesn't appear during Fast User Switching.

you mean the one where it says Start Windows, Loading Settings and all that.

No, that one shows my custom logon screen. You can see what I'm talking about if you have "Fast User Switching" enabled. When you hit Winkey+L, to lock your system, you will see the baby-blue screen show right before it brings you back to your logon screen.

you mean the one where it says Start Windows, Loading Settings and all that.

No, that one shows my custom logon screen. You can see what I'm talking about if you have "Fast User Switching" enabled. When you hit Winkey+L, to lock your system, you will see the baby-blue screen show right before it brings you back to your logon screen.

i see what you mean i think not sure but that is controled by the display settings i remember have that as black once. :)

Well at least you know what I'm talking about. I can't find that in the display properties. I wonder if it's in the registry somewhere... I know it's separate from logonui.exe, I think.

Ok, I am starting to think that the screen I'm talking about is completely separate from the logon screen. I can't find it in the registry, although I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Again, I am talking about the screen that flashes after you lock your pc (winkey+L) and before it takes you back to the logon screen. It flashes blue for like 2 seconds. Heh, I am determined to fix this, as I am anything I cannot figure out initially. I know it's such a small thing, but I like for my colors to match. My logon screen is black, my windows theme is black, and it looks odd to have that blue screen flash. Please let me know if you have successfully changed the color of this screen or removed it completely. I will buy your lunch for a month, or whatever. :)

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colors]

"Background"="0 78 152"

the #'s stand for R G B so if you wanted:

black: 0 0 0

white: 255 255 255

red: 255 0 0

green: 0 255 0

blue: 0 0 255

get it?

Good luck!

Edit: BTW, if you want to add a picture just add a value named "Wallpaper" and if you put the file in a directory that already is part of the path you will not need to include the full path, otherwise you have to include the full path.

"TileWallpaper"="1" will tile the image

"WallpaperStyle"="2" will strech the image

If you want to set the image in a specific location use the value "WallpaperOriginX" and set it to the number of pixels from the left side of the screen you would like the image to be centered on. "WallpaperOriginY" will set the number of pixels from the top of the screen.

Later