Unattended Secret: Reducing Size Of Source

Slipstream first, THEN reduce the size using my guide. THEN add stuff like $OEM$ folder. Remember you can only use this to do cd based installs, so to test it to make sure it works you'll probably want to use vmware or virtual pc.

-gosh

Slipstream first, THEN reduce the size using my guide.  THEN add stuff like $OEM$ folder.  Remember you can only use this to do cd based installs, so to test it to make sure it works you'll probably want to use vmware or virtual pc.

-gosh

Yeah! That's what I did and it's working really well....

I made 2 cds actually. One in english (for myself) and one for work in french (with our corporate key). After the reducing process I had about 250megs free so I was able to add a bunch of suff, like the Novell Client. Let's just say that the technicians at work (School District) are VERY happy with that.... No more key to enter, all the regionnal stuff is in and they don't have to fecth for their Novell cd... Hehehehe! And to say I'm "just" a librarian... You should have seen the look on their faces when I showed them my XP cd...

Thx to all...

gosh if u put bootfix.bin in the BOOT folder its the same copying files process it copys from i386 instead of BOOT so puttin bootfix.bin in the BOOT folder does not help... any other ideas for Press any key too boot from cd..?

EDIT: ok since gosh is gone anyone else have any other ideas?

gosh if u put bootfix.bin in the BOOT folder its the same copying files process it copys from i386 instead of BOOT so puttin bootfix.bin in the BOOT folder does not help... any other ideas for Press any key too boot from cd..?

I've got the same thing... it doesn't seem any faster to me

Also, is this thing still supposed to be doing the bluescreen text setup?

I've got the same thing... it doesn't seem any faster to me

Also, is this thing still supposed to be doing the bluescreen text setup?

yes the blue screen still comes up but sicne gosh said to put bootfix.bin in the BOOT folder the copying files is the same speed so instead remove bootfix.bin and then whein it says restrating comp remove ur CD and then until it goes to the GUI mode of the setup and asks for the i386 folder dont put the cd in.... man i need to edit gosh's post

sure ill make it like a guide:

Step 1: Read Gosh's post and do eveything it says except put the bootfix.bin in the BOOT Folder

Step 2: After you have burned the CD put in in the CD tray and restart your computer. The blue setup screen will come up... after you answer all the questions and it finishes copying files it will say restrating computer with a red bar showing you how much time you have left till restart. At that moment, eject the CD from the CD tray.

Step 3: After the computer restarts and it goes into the normal GUI part of the setup... a window will pop-ep asking you where the files are that are supposed to be in the i386 folder. At that moment, insert the CD back in and brose to ur i386 folder on the cd.

thats all :) if u have any questions post here

I'll try to find a guide on how to modify bootfix.bin and then u can put bootfix.bin there and do it the easy way but till i do.. this is how u do it

EDIT: bootfix.bin has nothing to do with it jus gimme 1 day ill make a batch file and it will be like a normal XP bootable CD except lower in size and faster