Unattended Secret: Reducing Size Of Source

:wacko: so close yet so far away :blink:

thank you for the reply and just found the nlite series which looks awesome. i am basically creating a set for my personal use. and this has been about 6 weeks in the process.

i do not have degree in computers but consider myself literate enuf to know difference between file and folder LOL.

all started when i hated the fact being logged into 2 computers with the same login not being able to manipulate C folder thru a mapped drive then the goal began. now using 2003 server was working but was a pain in the booty on drivers issues

then found the solution http://antiwpa.cjb.net/

but along the way found gosh's tweaks with a download called remove

took some playin with to make my xp from years ago work from ZERO service packs to integrate up to sp2 integrated versions as follow

Windows XP(5.1) 2600.0 (Retail)

Windows XP(5.1) 2600.1106 (SP1)

Windows XP(5.1) 2600.1106 (SP1) <--hotfixed

Windows XP(5.1) 2600.2180 (SP2 RTM)

next i wanted to duplicate the same series with http://antiwpa.cjb.net/ and the .cmd files found at http://jdeboeck.msfnhosting.com/ <--not locating the link to the download again, but have been doing everything to make it work on sp1 to remove what i choose. had issues with the extra downloads of and creating a working iso but along the line found this site which made that issue work. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9478

kept it basic and used cdimage to create the ISO

last attempt was to take (oh the versions above are fully working)

took 2600.0 and this time ran the .cmds i wanted minus what i said 2 posts ago

then ran wpa2.0.2 also did the basics of hex edits from the 9478 post.

did recieve a couple errors not finding some files but it was like only 5 of them versus the massive set. and used cdimage to create the rest of the 9478 post

finally was able to make vmware work to my benifit and yes i got past the initial setup all the way thru installed, untill the actual become in first windows after setting up username.

errors taken from vmimage are

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (0x0000000 0x0000000).

The system has been shut down.

LOOP

but at least didn't get the miles of cannot find the dll. so i am close yet brain is fried like on acid.

the exact cdimage is--> cdimage -lXP***_***_1a -t02/06/2005,09:22:00 -bc:\install\xpboot.bin -h -n -m -o c:\install c:\XP***_***_1a.iso

i understand why not just use the nLite version which i plan to research deeply, but since i been this deep wanting the version to work, i know that this must have worked before or wouldn't have posted it. and my stubborness knows i can figure this out.

basically my goal is to create a series for the beginner like myself to learn for himeself. but long term is to make OS naked yet have the (which i havent even started to figure out yet) $OEM$ of programs I want for me, office, nero, cdimage, magiciso, alcohol(someone figure out how to usb an IV of vodka to jack into LOL) hex workshop, adobe, among others. yet free up the space of the stuff xp thought i needed and dont.

not totally sure the best way to post my efforts for known reasons. but i am so close that i may not see it yet, but i know the light is around the next corner. thanks to all sites for information but just a word of advice, maybe make a link called "idiots learning how to power on" to immitate "tweaking your install for dummies" LOL.

and no Dahi i did not run nLite but can see the greatness in its simplicity that i will need to read on about. I just hope they dont forget to keep implemented a from the beginning of XP or next Longhorn method for stubborns like myself that want to go back to the beginning and tweak it.

thanks for your help

OMG as i tried to preview this post it didnt appear and when returned it sayed page has expired so if this gets posted 2 times i am sorry, but have spent the last hour creating it. i hope i dont have to retype it all. sorry if it posts 2 times

wherzdaluv

starting to play with NLite

looks like a very awesome device to do in a windows window what i was requesting to do in dos.

**** if i only found this 6 weeks ago LOL

will try to let you know the out come of my stripping xp naked but would still love input on some of my other issues doing it in dos mode tho

wherzdaluv

from using vmware looks like i did create my first

working of 5.1.2600.0

now just need to figure out all the options to do what i was wanting from the .cmd's thanks for the turn on to nLite hope learning the $oem$ along with the

integrating WPA amd MSI's i want to add dont cause me grief.

thanks to creating what the other 95% of the world doesnt realize is possible

thanks again

wherzdaluv

:thumbup:rolleyes: OMG :thumbup

I was so deep on making something work for when after Dahi mentioned nLite and stumbled upon it.

Now this is one awesome program, i was getting so depressed trying to get what i wanted to happen and there it was my prozac called nLite :w00t:

i bow to your programing of this, i was so much trying to learn what you simplified in a program.

dont know if they will pass over this post. but maybe one little addition to add is before iso creation an option to create a notepad of selected options and integrated hotfixes. i like to read my .nfo files of what is done on a particular disk before i install it.

wherzdaluv

i like this topic verry nice

butt i have to say somme things

1 all dese bootfiles in the homedir of the cd this is not clean

so i made a dir called BTLDR wher i put my bootfiles including the bootfile of the cd itselfe. This one a called BTLDR.BIN

than you change DISKEMU.CMD like this

;
cd BTLDR
:boot
cls
print
print Press Press any key to boot from CD...
getkey 5 esc
onkey esc boot 80
onkey entr goto start
; When no key found...
goto boot
:start
cls
print
print ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
print                           XP CD for u
print                            by gosh
print ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
print F1=Help
print                 0)   WINXP PRO SP2------------------------nl
print                 1)   WINXP PRO SP2 OEMPreinstall----------nl
print                 2)   WINXP PRO SP2 unattended-------------nl
print                 3)   WINXP HOME SP2***********************nl
print                 4)   WINXP HOME SP2 OEMPreinstall*********nl
print                 5)   WINXP HOME SP2 unattended************nl
print                 b)   windows xp password hacking in linux<<<
print                 c)   Command prompt (geen dos)
print                 r)   Reboot
print                 Esc) Boot first harddisk
print
print Hit the key of choice:
:mainkey
; timeout is 30 seconds, default key is escape
getkey 30 esc
onkey 0 run PRO1.BIN
onkey 1 run PRO2.BIN
onkey 2 run PRO3.BIN
onkey 3 run HOM1.BIN
onkey 4 run HOM2.BIN
onkey 5 run HOM3.BIN
onkey b run XPPW.BIN
onkey c quit
onkey r reboot
onkey f1 goto help
onkey esc boot 80
; When no key found...
goto mainkey
;
:help
cls
print HELP
print ----
print
print Hit the key of your choice (1,2,q,r or <Esc>) in the main menu ->
print Hit the key "d" will bring you to the hidden Development menu  ->
print
print Press any key to return to main menu...
getkey
goto start

; EOF

the only thing ive chaged in the code is

is: cd BTLDR

and i have a pressent for you becous i dont want the cdimage.exe in gui version

so i made this line

reg add "hkcr\Directory\shell\mkiso" /ve /d "burn iso of this folder" /f
reg add "hkcr\Directory\shell\mkiso\command" /ve /d "cmd.exe /c if exist \"%%L\BTLDR\BTLDR.BIN\" (cdimage -lmijncd -t08/23/2001,13:00:00 -h -n -m -o -b\"%%L\BTLDR\BTLDR.BIN\" \"%%L\" \"%%L.iso\") else (cdimage -lmijncd -t08/23/2001,13:00:00 -h -n -m -o \"%%L\" \"%%L.iso\")" /f

this wil add burn iso of this folder if you right click on a folder

it wil look too: your folder\BTLDR\BTLDR.BIN for the bootfile if not it makes a non bootable disk

put cdimage.exe in system32

have fun

I"ve followed the instructions for creating a slimmed down XP unattended install but didn't go for the AIO stuff. I just liked the faster and smaller install. My problem is the installation reboots and XP will start the install process from the beginning instead of continuing the installation. If I remove the CD the installation will proceed (prompting me for the cd).

How can I get the unattended install to quit starting from the beginning after each reboot?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I thought that did the trick.... It works fine in VMWare but doesn't on an install on my computer. I have all the required files and have made all the modifications but the problem persists. I can boot from the cd and setup will continue normally until the first reboot. The computer will start over instead of continuing the install.

In root I have the following files:

vol1.dat (modified to look in the BOOT folder)

WIN51

WIN51IC

WIN51IC.SP2

WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP2

XPBOOT.BIN (modified to look in the BOOT folder)

I have the BOOT, I386 and $OEM$ folders and with VMWare all works great. It's only when I get to an actual computer does the problem occur. Can anyone help in the this problem?

• 4 months later...

hi gosh

how can I use bashrat driverpack method 2 with your method in a multi boot cd

I want have VOL1 install Xp with driverpack and VOL2 install with out driver pack.

My cd folders

XP

_I386

_$OEM$

WIN51IP

WIN51

WIN51ip.SP1

SPnote

VOL1

VOL2    

BOOT (contain cd shell boot menu and files)

VOL1.DAT

VOL2.DAT

WIN51IP

WIN51

WIN51ip.SP1

SPnote

I created XP and VOL1 and VOl2 with gosh method, then copy UWXP_CDROOT folder files(created by bashrat driverpack method 2) to XP folder and run RUN_ME.bat file .when finished I cut and copeid txtsetup.sif and winnt.sif from my I386 folder to VOL1 ,then copied copy_sys_files_to_temp.bat from multi_boot_tools

folder from driver pack to XP folder and run it adI copied result files to my VOL1 folder.

any way my VOL1.DAT(installing with driver pack) work good.

but in VOL2.DAT (installing without driver pack) in first of gui mode

I receive an error massege:

system32\presetup.cmd not found

system32\setupORG.exe notfound

with two reason:

these files not exists in I386 folder

or in txtsetup.sif not exists blow section

[sourceDiskFiles]

setupORG.exe=1,,,,2,0,0

presetup.cmd=1,,,,2,0,0

if I add these lines to txtsetup.sif in VOL2 folder my VOL2 mode installation

will install windows xp with driver pack.

Whats your idea about this problem.

( I test with bashart driver pack method 1 I didn't have any problem it need large

space and I don' like that)

Edited by nikseresht