Changing the logon image

I want to change the bitmap that appears in the classic Logon prompt. The one that says "Windows XP Media Center Edition" with the windows logo, right above where it says Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to logon, or Username: _____ Password:________, etc. This one:

I know how to do it in XP Pro or XP home, changing msgina.dll. However, the Media Center bitmap doesn't appear in msgina.dll, it's saved in winbrand.dll. I know that's the file I need to change, and I plan to do so with ResHacker. What I don't know is what to do with the new file. I am hoping there is a registry key I can make, like the GinaDLL key used to specify a custom GINA. So my question is, do you know how to do this, and if so, HOW???? 'Cause I don't know how. :unsure:

Use reshacker to extract the specific bitmap. Then replace it with the bitmap you want. Save "winbrand.dll". Overwrite winbrand.dll by copying it to "c:\windows\system32\"

Just remember to cancel any windows file protection dialog boxes and do NOT have any xp cd's in your optical drives

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I tried it in Virtual PC 2007 (since I wanted to "practice" first and not screw up my computer). I replaced the original winbrand.dll, but it didn't work. Now I know there's supposed to be a copy in dllcache that I replace, but I couldn't find dllcache on the VM computer. Not there. So now what? It didn't work.