Want to create image of my installed O/S and burn

I am trying to make a image of my hard drive with Vista Ultima installed and everything I have added since then, and want to burn it to a dvd so if it crashes I can reload it, I have tried reading some of the posts but they are out of my realm of understanding at the stage I am at:

Any easy to understand instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded OSCDIMAGE and VLITE :wacko:

newtech,

Use MS's imagex program to capture an image of your hard drive. This will create a .wim image file. Once captured, you can place the image on a DVD, network share, etc. You can then use imagex at a later date to /apply the image back to the device.

The oscdimg tool you mentioned is used to create bootable iso files that can be burnt onto a DVD or CD.

Shawn

Use MS's imagex program to capture an image of your hard drive. This will create a .wim image file. Once captured, you can place the image on a DVD, network share, etc. You can then use imagex at a later date to /apply the image back to the device.

The oscdimg tool you mentioned is used to create bootable iso files that can be burnt onto a DVD or CD.

This is the best method,

Norton Ghost does not like VISTA I have found and I have not tried Acronis. An imagex capture of a sysprepped image that has been genralised and then backing it up to a network share or using the oscdimg tool is the MS preffered methods of doing this.

Gwido