BDD 2007 not creating ISO

Ok guys little help please,

I'm getting an error during the 'Update' function of a 'Deployment Point' that states "distribution share does not contain the required "Boot" directory. Please ensure that you have created and updated the lab deployment point..."

I have no idea how to update lab deployment point nor where to put it and can't seem to find it in any of the help files or instructions.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks...

i would download the news version of bdd and get the newest version of all the requirements because i had the same problem so u uninstall and download the new version and get the new requirement and it worked.

Hello randalldale!

If you want to create an ISO with BDD by creating a Media deployment point you need to create an LAB deployment point before. This will create the boot folder with Lite Toch PE ISO. After that you'll be able to create an ISO for your Media deployment point.

Just to let you know - I had problems to do that - but at least it was running successfully. I don't know how your environment is looking like. You'll may have problems to end the process, too. Than you may have to increase the IRPStackSize value in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parmeters. I've had to set this value to decimal 30. If it does not exist you may need to create it. The type is REG_DWORD.

If you don't have a server environment and your just using BDD 2007 on a single computer you need to make sure that you can access shares on your computer. The script which creates the lite touch iso is using the share name and not the folder on your computer. I had to downgrade a lot of security settings to get this part working on my singel machine. :angry: Seems to be that the script includes no subroutine that allows to use the folder instead of the share on a single computer. :wacko:

Hope that'll help you out!

Regards,

Martin