Vista unattended

Everywhere I've read says that the unattended.xml file goes on a floppy, usb, or cd-rom, but NOT the disc/device that actually contains Vista. In Windows XP, the TXTSETUP.SIF was placed in the i386 folder. Is there anywhere I can put the xml file so that it is on the same thing with which I install Vista?

Everywhere I've read says that the unattended.xml file goes on a floppy, usb, or cd-rom, but NOT the disc/device that actually contains Vista. In Windows XP, the TXTSETUP.SIF was placed in the i386 folder. Is there anywhere I can put the xml file so that it is on the same thing with which I install Vista?

Put autounattended.xml in the root of the dvd

@all,

Be aware that if you put the autounattend.xml file in the root of the DVD and you put the DVD in the DVD player while you are logged on to XP or vista, the autorun option will start and this means the vista installation will start automatically.

The autorun option will start the setup.exe from the Vista DVD and this setup.exe looks for a autounattend.xml file which it finds in the root. I learned the hardway and had to reinstall a WXP machine.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

:-)