Removing post-install setup screen?

Vchat20

So far I have had absolutely 0 issues using nlite here.

About the only thing I haven't been able to sort is the one setup screen post-install (the one with the little animated '?' help icon and all). I assume the fact the only two options it brings up are securing your machine and setting up additional users and the fact I previously opted for these options in nlite for the unattended install (firewall and WU disabled, all required users set up accordingly), that this screen wouldn't be required and I could just bypass it altogether right to the initial login screen. Problem is, it does not and I have yet to find an option in nlite to manually disabled it.

Anyone else know about this one? Or does it happen to be one of those little nuances of XP where it's a hardcoded option?

Ah. Much Thanks. I've seen that one around, but didn't figure it was related to that. :)

well, its only been added at version 1.3 final, a couple of days ago really. its under the unattended installation section now...

check the "remove OOBE" checkbox under the unattended installation page.

Edited by taltamir

well, its only been added at version 1.3 final, a couple of days ago

It's always been there.

+if you need to activate your XP, you need to keep OOBE (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

Ponch, no need to correct, I confirm that!

If you have corporate windows, you can select it.

If not, keep it, otherwise you wont be able to use windows after 30 days!

he! he! totally agree with you here hulkviper :) ... i forgot booting to 1 pc after quite sometime (where i used OEM cd) and i couldn't activate anymore ... :P