help me with firewire PCI adapter please!

miti

hI GUYS

I bought a Hamlet firewire PCI adapter, ieee 1394a, in order to help me downloading my video from a Samsung videocam. I have a pentium 4 pc running XP home editon, service pack2 . After I have inserted the firewire card into one of the motheboard slots and installed the drivers required I tried to download my films out of the videocam but none of my DV capture and editing software could do it. QWhy?

Edited by miti

What software are you trying to use? Use WinDV anyway. 92 KBs, doesn't require installation. Make sure your videocamera is in playback mode. While it's playing back, WinDV will tell you whether it detects the device (providing that you have it properly setup in Windows).

Hi Jeremy

I used theULead editing stuff that came with the firewire card and and the Magix I had and now windv ,too, with no result. WinDv says 'no device could be found'. When I download from my videocam using the usb it works so the the videocamera should be set up in windows.......isn't it? How can I check up if my videocamera is properly set up in Windows?

Did Windows pick up your PCI FireWire card automatically and tell you it was successfully installed? Do you see it in Device Manager? Does it have a question mark or an exclamation mark next to it?

I think so.

In device manager it reads:

Controller host bus IEEE 1394

Controller host OHCI compatible ieee 1394

......and that the device works properly

Ref to Windows picking up your PCI FireWire card automatically I must say it does not detect any new device automatically.!!??!!?? This might be the key my trouble the firewire card. Why my xp does not detect automatically a new device?

Edited by miti