No Text In Help Right Pane ?

Gilbert

Window XP Pro Sp2

For a while now, and I can't figure it out

Anytime I use help from any program

No text appear in the rigth pane

If I try to print the topic nothing also (seem its try to do something but nothing get printed)

Even if I install a new software the right pane is always empty

Any idea...

Gilbert

Window XP Pro Sp2

If I try to print the topic nothing also (seem its try to do something but nothing get printed)

Any idea...

Gilbert

New security in a recent SP2 update. When I've run across this, copying the helpfile to a local disk has fixed the problem. You can also lower your MSIE security settings for one of the zones (intranet, perhaps?) and, IIRC, that fixes it too.

I just copied the file I wanted to read to a local disk...

New security in a recent SP2 update.

Which update? Link?

When I've run across this, copying the helpfile to a local disk has fixed the problem.

Where do you think the help file is? Locally. C:\WINDOWS\Help or the files are stored in the Program's folder. C:\Program Files\Program\helpfile.chm.

Gilbert, make sure you have your Windows XP Installation CD in your CD/DVD drive for the following:

Download and run Dial-A-Fix (check everything off) and click "Go". Then click the Hammer icon, highlight "Reinstall Help and Support service" and click Go again. See if that helps. :hello:

Edited by Jeremy

New security in a recent SP2 update.

Which update? Link?

When I've run across this, copying the helpfile to a local disk has fixed the problem.

Where do you think the help file is? Locally. C:\WINDOWS\Help or the files are stored in the Program's folder. C:\Program Files\Program\helpfile.chm.

Gilbert, make sure you have your Windows XP Installation CD in your CD/DVD drive for the following:

Download and run Dial-A-Fix (check everything off) and click "Go". Then click the Hammer icon, highlight "Reinstall Help and Support service" and click Go again. See if that helps. :hello:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms00-037.mspx -- I can't find the XP edition of that fix, but that's the gist of it.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs2.htm has someone's guide with another common problem.

Window XP Pro Sp2

Any idea...

Gilbert

1. If you put the .CHM file on your desktop and 2x click on it, does anything different happen?

2. If you change your MSIE local / intranet security settings to be essentially wide-open (low security), does anything different happen?

3. Are all of your MSIE security zones set to the default levels?

4. Is your computer or "home" (127.0.0.1) listed in any of the lists in any of the security zones?

1. If you put the .CHM file on your desktop and 2x click on it, does anything different happen?

2. If you change your MSIE local / intranet security settings to be essentially wide-open (low security), does anything different happen?

3. Are all of your MSIE security zones set to the default levels?

4. Is your computer or "home" (127.0.0.1) listed in any of the lists in any of the security zones?

Here's the article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Ben-us%3B896358

If step #1 works, the above is the culprit. If it does the same thing, it's probably not this. :)