Windows 2003 SP2

mau-yong

Well, while waiting for the English version of uxtheme.dll, the most of what I can make of right now is the SP2 German version of uxtheme.dll dated March 17 from here.

I used the replacer to change the current SP2 uxtheme.dll and it works :thumbup , the drawback is while at display properties and changing VS, German wordings are used, e.g., Inaktives/Aktives Fernster, Dialogfeld, Fenstertext, etc.

Here's the US uxtheme I patched for myself.

Win2k3SP2_US_uxtheme.rar

There is a cabbed version and an already extracted version. Both are CRC fixed. Enjoy. :)

If you want to patch your own, just load up uxtheme.dll in a hex editor and do a search for this string...

81EC88000000A11C

replace it with...

33F68BC6C9C20800

Edited by bfoos

Thanks bfoos, I'm now using it.

If CRC fixed then I can add this to the /i386 installation folder (overwriting the default SP2 uxtheme.dll).

BTW, the link where I got the SP2 German version now has also 6.0.3790.3959 EN version.

Thanks bfoos, I'm now using it.

If CRC fixed then I can add this to the /i386 installation folder (overwriting the default SP2 uxtheme.dll).

BTW, the link where I got the SP2 German version now has also 6.0.3790.3959 EN version.

Yep, it's fixed so it won't throw up an error during installation. All you will get is the usual error in the event viewer.