Easier Way To Install Custom Themes?

Hi.

I'm trying to intagrate the ChaNinja RC5 theme (and others) into my Unattended XP install.

ATM I'm using (see below) to copy the files off the CD into the relivent DIRs

ECHO.
ECHO Instaling ChaNinja RC5 Theme
ECHO Please Wait...
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Akira\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Balloo\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Deviant\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jubei\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jungle\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Kohga\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Normalcolor\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Shadow\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\SubZero\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Yin\"

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinja.Theme" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\"
COPY %systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5.msstyles" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Akira\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Akira\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Balloo\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Balloo\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Deviant\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Deviant\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jubei\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jubei\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jungle\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jungle\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Kohga\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Kohga\"
COPY %systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Normalcolor\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Normalcolor\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Shadow\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Shadow\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\SubZero\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\SubZero\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Yin\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Yin\"

Now, is there an easier/quicker way to copy all these files off the CD? :/

[/n00b]

cheers,

keenie

One word: OEMPreinstall.

In unattend file set OEMPreinstall=Yes, and make the folder $OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

That's it. I mentioned this in my tips and tweaks thread. One thing ive noticed is some people here seem to put everything into a big long batch file that does everything. There's nothing wrong with doing that, however i think an OEMPreinstall would be a better method of deploying files.

-gosh

One thing ive noticed is some people here seem to put everything into a big long batch file that does everything.  There's nothing wrong with doing that, however i think an OEMPreinstall would be a better method of deploying files.

In what does this OEM install differ from the full unattend method ?

In what does this OEM install differ from the full unattend method ?

from the looks of it, all it does is automatically copies the contents of the \$$\ directory to %WINDIR% (typically C:\WINDOWS\)

eg. $OEM$\$$\Resources\ gets copied to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\

I could be wrong tho

Guys I'm using another way.It's simple and better the others.Why.Because many theme files too big for cd install.My unattend xp installing 84 diffirent programs and 47 themes and hotfixes.I'm everytime making my own setup or compressing files with winrar.

For example themes.47 diffirent theme more than 80 mb.When use winrar its only 12 mb.Especially themes more compressable files.Why don't you use Winrar

This comment extracting automatically theme files to resources folder

path=%SYSTEMROOT%\Resources\Themes

Silent=2

And adding to mainbatch file thats it.

• 1 year later...
Hi.

I'm trying to intagrate the ChaNinja RC5 theme (and others) into my Unattended XP install.

ATM I'm using (see below) to copy the files off the CD into the relivent DIRs

ECHO.
ECHO Instaling ChaNinja RC5 Theme
ECHO Please Wait...
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Akira\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Balloo\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Deviant\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jubei\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jungle\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Kohga\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Normalcolor\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Shadow\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\SubZero\"
MD "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Yin\"

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinja.Theme" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\"
COPY %systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5.msstyles" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Akira\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Akira\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Balloo\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Balloo\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Deviant\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Deviant\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jubei\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jubei\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jungle\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Jungle\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Kohga\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Kohga\"
COPY %systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Normalcolor\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Normalcolor\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Shadow\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Shadow\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\SubZero\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\SubZero\"
COPY "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Yin\shellstyle.dll" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\shell\Yin\"

Now, is there an easier/quicker way to copy all these files off the CD?  :/

[/n00b]

cheers,

keenie

Not to mention there is a MUCH easier way to copying these files using the original method you referred to... try turning your 50 lines of code (or however many) into 1:

XCOPY /E /H /R /Y "%systemdrive%\install\themes\ChaNinjaStyle_RC5\" "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\"

tada.

I cant figure out exactly how to get a theme as when I put a [shell] Command all I get when trying to install windows is a line error in 66 and it says it cannot continue.

1st off, take your CD-KEY out of that file.

2nd, I dont even see a [shell] section in there

3rd, this should be all you need to add, assuming the *.theme file exists in the directory specified.

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%Windir%\Resources\Themes\Storm.theme"

I cant figure out exactly how to get a theme as when I put a [shell] Command all I get when trying to install windows is a line error in 66 and it says it cannot continue.

1st off, take your CD-KEY out of that file.

2nd, I dont even see a [shell] section in there

3rd, this should be all you need to add, assuming the *.theme file exists in the directory specified.

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%Windir%\Resources\Themes\Storm.theme"

Ok Ive changed it and removed the serial im really sorry just forgot about it. Hopefully you could go back to page 1 and check my edit file and tell me if it should work or not?

I dont believe it will.. unless Im mistaken you need to point to a .theme file. If your theme doesnt have one, you can easily create one by applying your theme, then right click your desktop goto properties, then on the Themes tab, choose save as and save it in your Resources\Themes folder.

Also, if im not mistaken, you msstyles file (and every other file/folder in the same path as it which are used by that theme) should be in a subdirectory of 'Themes'.

For example:Take the windows default 'Luna' theme; youll notice that in your 'Themes' folder you have 'Luna.theme' and a folder called 'Luna', its in that folder that you should see the 'luna.msstyles' file and 'Shell' folder (depending on your theme, you may have additional files / folders in that folder as well). I believe you should need to setup your theme similiar to this configuration for it to work... at least thats how I set mine up and it works like a charm.

Hope that makes sense.

Well what can I say Ive been using a virtual machine to test the Iso File. I get windows installed brillantly but when it logs on I get an error beep and it says C:\Install\wpi\wpi.cmd could not be found. But I can confirm it is there and to my knowledge everything is right I really dont know wot else to do I will post all associated files and hopefully someone can see if I have made a stupid mistake?

Winnt.sif

winnt.sif

Wpi.cmd

WPI.cmd

This has been fixed In winnt.sif I replaced wpi.cmd with wpi.hta and it works perfectly!!