unattended install, iaStor.sys could not be found

KevinGT

Recently I tried installing windows XP from WinPE. I started with a DVD that had the $OEM$ folder in the root, and moved it the i386 folder. Now, after the files are copied to the hard drive, and the computer is restarted, I get an error saying file iaStor.sys could not be found.

To bypass this, I simply deleted iaStor.sys from the [sourceDisksFiles] section of the TXTSETUP.SIF file so that iaStor.sys isn't looked for, but this is only a temporary fix, as I need to have those RAID drivers loaded.

Any ideas?

Edited by KevinGT

I did search before I posted.

Everything I've found, including the three links you posted, assumes $OEM$ is in the root of the disc. This has obviously skewed the path to iastor.sys under [sourceDisksFiles].

Edited by KevinGT

I tried the method in the second link again, but this time switched my driver folder name from "IASTOR" to "sata" inside $OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\ and somehow it worked :blink:

I try as much as possible to look before I ask. I hung around the ipodlinux forums about a year ago, and some of those know-it-alls are incredibly rude when it comes to new people. Makes ya learn quick :blushing:

Sometimes I guess it depends how you word your search. Thanks again; this little iastor.sys problem has had me pounding my head against the wall for the last week :thumbup