Attended text-mode Setup

Olá

I have to make a XP CD with the GUI-mode Setup fully unattended (already done), but the text-mode Setup has to be attended.

Is there a way to configure this through the WINNT.SIF file?

;)

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an UnAttended installation?

Either it is unattended or interactive. There is no in between.

If you are looking to get the reapir installation, forget it. Do a search, it cannot be done if the install is unattended.

yes, i wanted to have repair option in uA disk but tried everything like removing unattended title from winnt.sif but it screws up copying $oem$ folder and showing welcome screen, it wants me to add users etc etc. so i devoted the repair option now.

i found a workaround anyhow, like installing from another windows and after restart, it asks for repair option.

I asked that because people here wants me to make a full unattended XP installation (already done, thanks to the forum's guide ;) ) and another CD where they could interact with the text-mode Setup and configure things like partition, disks, etc.

I did some research and didn't find how to do this.

Well, now I see that it's really impossible through simple WINNT.SIF file.

Edited by iron_du

A generally unattended install, with a text-mode attend, is very useful if you are installing onto various partitions, but do not know the partition (or format it), until run time. Text mode takes a short time, and once done, one can move onto other things.