Webpage editing

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit to edit the attached webpage (see attached file) using a numerical sorting funtion? i.e. can the entries on the attached webpage be sorted by numbers only, in their current format?

Webpage.doc

Edited by damo12

what do you mean by numbers? those last 3 digits? you could make a script that would take the id number and count in 3 spaces, then sort it from there...

Yes, those last 3 digits. I was hoping to be able to sort the data (ascending or descending) using the last 3 digits only, without having to use Excel or customised scripts, so that I can maintain the formatting of the document. Do you know of a simplier way of achieving this?

well unless you wanted to redo your codes, putting the numbers in front of the letters. but no matter what your going to have to skip thru the first 3 characters.

Unfortunately, the codes need to be keep in their original format. Do you know where I would find a script to accomplish this or how to write one that would do what I want?

ill try to look into it for you this weekend if i can find the time, ive been busy building a website for someone...

Would I also need a script to sort this data alphabetically only in a webpage?

ill try to look into it for you this weekend if i can find the time, ive been busy building a website for someone...

yes, javascript can easily do that part. how many values to you actually have? and are you ever going to add or change these values?

yes, javascript can easily do that part. how many values to you actually have? and are you ever going to add or change these values?

Do you know how to write this script?