Anyone using Soundblaster Audigy value 7.1 in 98se?

tee charoen

Hi Folks,

I just got myself a 2nd hand Msi 865pe mobo with a P4 478 3.0e(prescott) cpu to run 98se, but I found the sound from the on-board Realtek audio a pain and want to get a new sound card. Question is whether anyone here happens to be using a Soundblaster Audigy value 7.1 in their pc, and whether the Creative bundled WDM drivers work under 98se?

I know an Audigy 2 zs has 98se driver support but all I need is the budget Audigy value 7.1

I have been slowly upgrading 1 by 1 my antique circa 1998/99 pc's (7 pc's in all) to newer hardware and find less and less choices for soundcards which have 98se driver support.

(Btw the newest hardware that still works wonderfully for 98se happens to be an AMD64 X2 platform, my experience of which I posted few months back, see: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=82432.)

So anyone who happens to use the Audigy value 7.1 card under 98se please, I would like to hear your experience whether it works under 98se. Thanks in advance to all replies. Have a good day.

Thanks Galahs,

It seems clear now that the newer Audigys have zero by way of 98se driver support. Looks as if I would have to get a sb live 5.1 which I know has 98se driver support, or try to get a used Audigy 2 circa 2003 which also has 98se driver support. Best.

Tee Charoen

I have a soundblaster digital 5.1 but using the same drivers as those for an audigy/zs in win98. Has no issue and the drivers are WDM.

I'll see if I can fish up the install pack for it on my main desktop as I can't find a link for it anywhere on google. I'm currently at work (on break) and away from my main PC. I would VNC it but not sure how much more time I have in this wireless net I'm conviniently sitting in.

edit: Here is the link - found it! ( http://files.ngohq.com/ngo/ngocmd.exe - 22.8mb)

Use the gamers set , not the music set due to the music set only having inf's for 2k/xp.

Edited by Chozo4