Unatted Newbie - help please....

I am a newbie to this Unattended install game. I have read the guide for suggestions for my required install but wondered if anyone could give me some specific guidance.

This is what I want to achieve:

I have partitioned my 250GB HD as follows:

Partition 1: 110 Gig unallocated for future Linux install

Partition 2: 15 Gig for Windows install

Partition 3: 110 Gig for data partition, profiles, etc

Partition 4: 15 Gig Old WinXP install that I want to keep until I get the fresh install up and running OK

I have split my HD up so I can store my data on what will be D drive as far as WinXP is concerned (Linux partition not visible to XP). I can then access my data with Linux as well.

To be able to put profile and user data onto different "disk" to OS I need to use unattend install with "ProfileDir" in "GuiUnattended" section. I also understand I need to set Autopartion=0 so I can choose the partition to install XP to and Repartition=0 to stop it deleting all partitions and wiping all data....

Beyond this I really don't know what I should or shouldn't do. I plan to integrate all available hotfixes. I am not worried about anything else but I may integrate graphics drivers.

I have WinXP Home SP2.

Any suggestions or help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex!

Great going. Well all u require is available right here at the forum.

All the available hotfixes by date is available Here

integrate them using the /integrate switch.

A windows XP CD contains a tool called setup manager found in the WIN_XP\SUPPORT\TOOLS\DEPLOY use the utility to create the answer file. Modify it as much as u wish to suit your needs, just remember to maintain the syntax. Save the file as winnt.sif in your i386 Directory (CD\i386). create the Bootable iso with CDIMAGE (found in the forum). Burn the iso dirctly or use virtual PC to test the CD. and u r there.

Regards.

Edited by jhanduka4