system specs are:

Asus P5LD2 DLX

Intel D 950

2x 1gig XMS2 533MHZ

1x 200gig sata2 (primary)

2x 300gig sata2 (ftp/storage drives)

1x dvdrw pata

1x 7600GS 256mb version

my problem is simple really with this system i should be recieving a decent score but im getting 4.4 lowest hardware item causing the low mark, in this case it reports that the gfx card is the low point !!!

i know its not the best system and i know its not the best gfx card (testing system only) but why the hell is the gfx card scoring so low on the vista scoring ? when cards way lower spec are scoring much higher ?

have tested a wide range of gfx drivers and score usually drops by 0.2 or 0.3 score regardless !!!

am using latest nvidia drivers from nvidia site for 32bit vista

you guys got any suggestions ?

BTW vista areo glass theme also will not work and runs vista desktop in basic format

ok from what i ahv used vista for.....my x1600xt doesnt cut it either.....its just a driver issue...but your card is the low point of the system.....but it should let you use aero by default...........have you tried using built in driver for your card??

ok from what i ahv used vista for.....my x1600xt doesnt cut it either.....its just a driver issue...but your card is the low point of the system.....but it should let you use aero by default...........have you tried using built in driver for your card??

answer to your question is Nope. even with vista's generic driver Aero glass theme will not work. all games i play run at max settings and perfect fps as you expect.

just in vista is b0rked, i've tried many drivers and same issue

as for the x1600xt is should be working fine like the 7600gs

areo glass theme i believe is supported from FX5200 onwards.

Edited by Batfinks

i get aero and everything.....just playin games...........example....football manager 2007........for those of you who have played well know there is a 2D pitch which shows goals and key times in the game............but the graphics move so slowly it makes the game unplayable from the 2D pitch side!!