How to install SATA driver?

sreenadh

I formatted my HP laptop. But i by mistake disabled the Sata via BIOS. Now the issue is that, once when the installation is all over and i enabled SATA. The laptop boots till the windows XP welcome screen & it reboots.

As i already had the driver in the CD (i used nlite), i tried to boot via the cd and pressed F6 and went to choose the driver. But there, it only reads floppy and i dont have a floppy. How do i sort out my issue??? Do i have to reformat the system again or do a repair or what should i do????

if you've integrated the driver with nlite, then you don't need to F6, it'll just see the drive in setup

give me a link to the driver, and i'll take a look at it..

-you could try this alongside nlite (in this case, dont use nlite to intergrate, just use nlite to make the cd after using this tool http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST...=88&t=85842 )

good luck

-welcome to the forums!

if you've integrated the driver with nlite, then you don't need to F6, it'll just see the drive in setup

give me a link to the driver, and i'll take a look at it..

-you could try this alongside nlite (in this case, dont use nlite to intergrate, just use nlite to make the cd after using this tool http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST...=88&t=85842 )

good luck

-welcome to the forums!

I already added the driver via the backup cd given along with my laptop. I did use nlite.

But the problem that i did was that, i turned off the sata mode via BIOS while installation and now when i turned it back, windows is going till the loading win XP window and its rebooting.

One option i think i have to reinstall or format.

Now i want to know if its possible to put the driver in some folder in the laptop so that when i turn on the SATA mode, the driver will be loaded and it will work fine.

Thanks

Wht don't you put the HDD back to IDE mode? Saves you reinstalling the system...

Hummm

Its like getting a Ferrari and driving it at 10 km/hr. When i start loading more softwares, then the system slows and a SATA will be needed then. If nothing works, i will be forced to reformat the machine.

Unfortunately since it's a laptop reformatting is really your only option. Even if there was a folder you could put the driver in on the hard drive, the boot process would never get far enough in order to detect the hardware and load the drive. Your machine is actually blue screening with an error stating that it can't find a valid boot drive. You're not seeing this because WinXP is set to automatically reboot on BSOD by default.

If you want to see the error press F8 while the system is booting and choose the "Disable restart on error" option from the menu.