[Release] XPize Darkside 1.0 beta

zedox

What about nLite Hotfix-Support? I want install not only with dark winntbbu.dll also resources dark on disk.

nLite | Unattended | RunOnce is convenient but...

... will it be ever allowed releasing a CABbed package for nLite integration, then with GUIRunOnce-Method?

Shouldn't future XIS-based packages for direct install and integration and also as CAB for personal use only (of course)?

I mean: If you create a CAB you mustn't distribute that - only if the author of the Pack allows linking/ hosting that outside of authors space!

Frankly i ask now if this ever will happen. I doesn't believe yet ;)

EDIT:

Do you already have a dark XPize Bootlogo? I created me with TuneUp Styler a ntoskrnl.exe from the Standard-Bootbitmap (actual blue).

Edited by ChrisKuhli

Creating a Black screen with the grey bar of Vista?? - I cross my fingers using Reshacker/ Paint.NET/ i_view32!!!

I have to read XIS and XPize4.6RC Sources - please stand by...

EDIT: My since last week uniextracted XPize4.6RC doesn't have the program sources, of course!

Edited by ChrisKuhli

@ChrisKhuli

When XPero releases the source to the latest XPize I will be able to add CD integration support. Unfortunately until then this will just be an addon that will need to be installed after Windows.

If anyone has a nice bootscreen I'd be happy to include it. Note: It will have to have the scrolling bar on it though... (never know if your pc has crashed with the XPize bootscreen!)

@ Bledd

I think the standard XP folder icons are nice enough, if there is a high demand for the folder icons to be changed this could be done for a future release. :D

Edited by zedox

My XPize Bootscreen i made with TU Styler is made inserting boot.bmp of 4.6RC (& Reshacker copy), with scrolling bar at the bottom, and Background color setting black.

I will Reshacker-Extract then Bitmap 1, 4 and 8 from the TUKernel.exe (safer: its copy in another directory, as ntoskrnl.exe) for automatic patching...

But, how should patching be done?

Edited by ChrisKuhli