how2 start REALTIME taskmgr ...

umsch

the cmd command "start /realtime taskmgr" starts tasmgr with high priotity .. always "high",

...later taskmgr can set itself to realtime of course ...

but i wanna start it as realtime process ...

any1 please help me

thx

No, actually, you don't. Starting it at thread priority 15 will more than likely hang your box entirely. And really, you shouldn't run any processes at priority 15 - you can really screw with the scheduler and slow critsec handling, possibly causing race conditions that can be unrecoverable. Take a good read of the Windows Internals book if you want to know more about why this is a bad idea to set any process to priority 15 for any length of time.

One question springs to mind - why exactly do you need task manager at high priority?

the system freezes too often

computer : amd a64 3700+,2*512 ddr400 dc, 250gb sata .. so it shouldn't :D

i wanted to close the frozen progs from taskmgr, however if the win "died" then it's 5 minutes to start a **** "high" taskmgr ... [hdd already defragmented, virus checked with active virus shield]

while i'm waiting to the windows, the winamp [and other progs] runs cool ... [at least music makes me relaxed :D]

earlyer started [and unreachable because of not high enough priority] taskmg shows ~80% idle cpu-time lol

i was wandering if i could kill "not responding" processes by taskkill ...

i think i'll reset one of the multimedia buttons on the keyboard : C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskkill.exe /f /fi "status ne running"

..maybe works

anyway the start command can run anything "realtime", but taskmgr, and processxp ... :S

imho, your solution will not work ...

If your PC is unstable, try to find the "real" problem, perhaps it's just your operating system, format & reinstall a fresh windows copy.

Maybe it's a driver fault ...

the system freezes too often

computer : amd a64 3700+,2*512 ddr400 dc, 250gb sata .. so it shouldn't :D

This seems to me like what you should be focusing on. If the system freezes, and doesn't come back, gather a memory dump of the entire system the next time it "hangs" and let me know when you've got it (I'll provide a location for you to upload it for analysis). I can analyze it and likely tell you what's causing this.

tank u for helping me ...

but i think it won't work,

..."where "appname" is the .exe name of the application that is hanging"

it's because of the firewall i think, however the frozen application is not the firewall, but the prog that wants to reach the net [first time, no rules defined yet] ...

i've tried almost all firewalls ... but all makes the computer died :( [shorter or longer time],

maybe i've denied an important win prg to access the net ?

maybe wrong win-network-settings ? [dhcp, behind router, dinamic-ip, pppoe]

do it have any sense to do a memory dump of the sysem after the "hanging" is over ?

[during the slow-down i can't do anything ...]

all drivers are new or almost new, factory drivers ...

except "nvidia integrated firewall", that one isn't installed, so it shouldn't "work",

can cause a non-installed prog fault ?

I may not be understanding your posts completely, but it sounds like a problem I had a while ago. My motherboard also has the nvidia integrated firewall. It worked fine to begin with but then after I updated my chipset drivers anything that tried to access the internet caused a blue screen. What I did to fix it was remove and then reinstall the chipset drivers, and when it asks if you want to install the firewall click no. Hope this helps.

tank u for helping me ...

but i think it won't work,

..."where "appname" is the .exe name of the application that is hanging"

No, that's the Application section. Scroll down a little further and follow the instructions for a memory dump of a complete system - it involves keystrokes, not command lines - you'll know you're in the right place when you are adding the "CrashOnCtrlScroll" value to your registry :).

I may not be understanding your posts completely, but it sounds like a problem I had a while ago. My motherboard also has the nvidia integrated firewall. It worked fine to begin with but then after I updated my chipset drivers anything that tried to access the internet caused a blue screen. What I did to fix it was remove and then reinstall the chipset drivers, and when it asks if you want to install the firewall click no. Hope this helps.

yup

the nvidia firewall can be really bad, uninstall it :sneaky:

-what other programs are running at startup?