Vista RTM Boot Screen for Windows XP by Neo with [Add on]

neo

Thanks for this dude!!!

EDIT!!

I have since tested this using method 2 and i used makecab on the two files (after updating the resources) and put them in m I386 folder, but for some reason it decided to use the normal windows one instead.

I have tried both ways now of doing this and so far no luck either way. Any ideas?

Stoner81

Edited by Stoner81

• 3 months later...

Hello Stoner81 :hello: ~Have You Tried The Link I Provided For Fixing Your Problem?

If Your Using Service Pack 3 Final version 5512, The Downloads In That Post Should Work In Correcting Your Problem

I Have Used This Boot Screen Numerous Times now When Creating an n'Lited Installation and All Were Successful.

Here Is The Direct Download Link For SP3 Final v5512 Vista Bootscreen Addon

http://www.mediafire.com/?xgm54xmbmvx

Edited by Sk8_rDude_CR

Hello Stoner81 :hello: ~Have You Tried The Link I Provided For Fixing Your Problem?

If Your Using Service Pack 3 Final version 5512, The Downloads In That Post Should Work In Correcting Your Problem

I Have Used This Boot Screen Numerous Times now When Creating an n'Lited Installation and All Were Successful.

Here Is The Direct Download Link For SP3 Final v5512 Vista Bootscreen Addon

http://www.mediafire.com/?xgm54xmbmvx

Oh man ur a frickin life saver!!!! awesome m8 thanks for this bin driving me nuts!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Well Im Sure glad To Have Helped You Out Man :D

I have tried this and it does not work for some reason, im including all the security updates as of 25 December 2008 so could it be another update thats causing the problem?

Please help guys I love this boot screen and would love to use it!

Stoner81.

I Believe So.. I Tried Using The Same Boot Screen For a New nLited Installation of Which The Same Boot Screen Worked Before, But After Having Included Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack v2.0.0, The Boot Screen No Longer Displayed The Vista Style and Went Back To Default. I'm Forced To Believe That Some Hotfix or Security Update In The Update Pack Overwrites the Custom Boot Screen. Im not sure however, But that Seems The Most Likely.

I Was Frustrated Because of This, But I Always Install "VistaMizer" After My XP Installation So I End Up With The Vista Boot Screen Anyways Plus Better Looking Icons and Such. I'd Recommend you Try That Software Out, Its Pretty Much Excellent With No Virus's or Crapware.

A Little Advanced and Off Topic But.. :D Another Cool Thing Is That If You Want you can Edit The .BMP Picture Files This Software Installs In "C:\Windows\VistaMizer\bmps\", Copy The Ones You Custom Edited To a Different Directory, Remove The Software, Reinstall It, and Quickly While Your Reinstalling Just Copy The Custom Edited Files Over The Originals While The Installer Is Working using That Same Directory, Thus Allowing you To Have Your Custom Edited Files Used Instead of VistaMizers Defaults.

Heres a link to The VistaMizer Homepage For Information If Your Curious...

http://www.syssel.net/hoefs/windows/vistamizer.php?lang=en

I Believe So.. I Tried Using The Same Boot Screen For a New nLited Installation of Which The Same Boot Screen Worked Before, But After Having Included Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack v2.0.0, The Boot Screen No Longer Displayed The Vista Style and Went Back To Default. I'm Forced To Believe That Some Hotfix or Security Update In The Update Pack Overwrites the Custom Boot Screen. Im not sure however, But that Seems The Most Likely.

I Was Frustrated Because of This, But I Always Install "VistaMizer" After My XP Installation So I End Up With The Vista Boot Screen Anyways Plus Better Looking Icons and Such. I'd Recommend you Try That Software Out, Its Pretty Much Excellent With No Virus's or Crapware.

A Little Advanced and Off Topic But.. :D Another Cool Thing Is That If You Want you can Edit The .BMP Picture Files This Software Installs In "C:\Windows\VistaMizer\bmps\", Copy The Ones You Custom Edited To a Different Directory, Remove The Software, Reinstall It, and Quickly While Your Reinstalling Just Copy The Custom Edited Files Over The Originals While The Installer Is Working using That Same Directory, Thus Allowing you To Have Your Custom Edited Files Used Instead of VistaMizers Defaults.

Heres a link to The VistaMizer Homepage For Information If Your Curious...

http://www.syssel.net/hoefs/windows/vistamizer.php?lang=en

Wow man! thanks for the help I will defo check out the software you mention! thanks again! It sounds like it works in a similar way to the bricopacks?? Anyway will look at it buddy I hope it can be installed silently that would be awesome!

EDIT - the silent switch for this is /S

Edited by Stoner81