vlite problems

mmarcin

I have Vista Business edition. I cannot install it, because I get some weird 0x80070017 error which is probably caused by my Radeon X300 card. I used vlite to burn a new image of the installation disk and it helped - I managed to install the system. Still there are some problems. Although I chose to include all possible packages in the vlite config monit, Aero is missing. What is more I cannot add any Windows component, because whenever I choose "Turn Windows features on and off" form the Control Panel / Programs and Features I get following error message:

Windows cannot find C:\Windows\\system32\\OptionalFeatures.exe

Any ideas?

I would say that your dvd has corrupt files on it..and the error warning looks like an memory faillure..

What are your pc's specifications..???

How did you install it??did u booted from dvd and formated your harddrive before installing??if not try that first !

Edited by studio48

I think my dvd is fine. I downloaded it from the MSDNAA. I think that the problem is well known for a year or so. There are more people having this weird monit there: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...9&SiteID=17 . The conclusion of the conversation is that they recommend using vlite ;-)

They were using RC1 and I have the same thing on the final version (6.0.6000).

I have Lenovo Thinkpad Z60m with the following configuration:

P M 740(1.73GHz), 1024MB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, 64MB ATI Radeon X300, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11bg wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, IEEE 1394, Fingerprint reader, 6c Li-Ion batt

It seems like that you have deleted all components including Aero and Component Cache which are necessary for some functions. You may have to unselect them in vlite.

LMAO you can not select all lol i dont see the need of that function anyhow..but you must read carefully what each component means and what it does..lol lol lol you can not like select all and remove all hahaha that wont work..

Try again and now more carefully..recomposing of a windows vista dvd is easy ..but not that easy lol!

Not laughin at you that you are a dummie..hell no..its just funny you remove all and expect it to run oke..

Read what every element is used for and read and read again !!

Happy compilating !!!

Edited by studio48

I think my dvd is fine. I downloaded it from the MSDNAA. I think that the problem is well known for a year or so. There are more people having this weird monit there: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...9&SiteID=17 . The conclusion of the conversation is that they recommend using vlite ;-)

They were using RC1 and I have the same thing on the final version (6.0.6000).

I have Lenovo Thinkpad Z60m with the following configuration:

P M 740(1.73GHz), 1024MB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, 64MB ATI Radeon X300, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11bg wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, IEEE 1394, Fingerprint reader, 6c Li-Ion batt

Nonono, 'they' do not recommend using vlite...it's simply one external guy with 15 posts that says "i aint no tech genious so i dont really know what it does but i do know it makes it work"..and he is the only one. (not very informative or insightful I might add)

And no confirmation of this from others in any form or shape.

..and thats all.

LMAO you can not select all lol i dont see the need of that function anyhow..but you must read carefully what each component means and what it does..lol lol lol you can not like select all and remove all hahaha that wont work..

Try again and now more carefully..recomposing of a windows vista dvd is easy ..but not that easy lol!

C'mon man...stop throwing 'lol's in people faces when you obviously don't know crap yourself. :realmad:

Your input until now on this board haven't exactly been the most knowledgeable ones I've seen, so go easy on others will ya.

Well that may be Clint ..i,m here to learn aswel ..but its just funny that one select all and thinks it will work..even i as a so called -u dont know crap yourself..knows that you cant do that..so clint get a life ,you dont know what i know or not so please dont play God..i may not know all of v-lite but i sure know how to use it and nuff people send me mail with a thanks for posting my preset files..i want to encourage people to try V-lite and i,m even gonna sponsor this program so keep your offends to yourself and those you terrorise daily..dont judge and i lol when ever i want..as long as i dont offend people the way you do !!!

At least i have the time to interest people in the v-lite program and you are not the owner of this forum so please dont talk to me anymore if you dont like my postings..shut it !

...hmm, ok.

I think I'll just let you do your thing then, it's quite obvious that all the horses aint in the stable...

:unsure:

i really don't know why you are posting photos of yourself all the time , do you have som kind of "ego complex"

or do you wanna scare us with your nice looking face ?

in another topic y read your post that you say that VISTA consume less memory than XP

and when i looked the photos and i see that the VISTA only use 24 processes i'm sure it was just installed

and the XP photo it show 49 process sure 4 days without reboot . and you claim that VISTA USE LESS MEMORY ....

and today i read this .......

I cannot add any Windows component, because whenever I choose "Turn Windows features on and off" form the Control Panel / Programs and Features I get following error message:

Windows cannot find C:\Windows\\system32\\OptionalFeatures.exe

I would say that your dvd has corrupt files on it..and the error warning looks like an memory faillure..
LMAO you can not select all lol i dont see the need of that function anyhow..

.. are you joking with people in this forum ?

why do you advice people when you don't know a mierda ... don't go arround playing "computer techie" becuse you aren't ...

Edited by Mcfly000

Well, it looks like the fella has come to his senses,....nice and quiet now.

He did PM me earlier though and asked me to remove/edit my post to suit his that he has edited:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=633742

@ studio48

...nice try buddy, but don't expect me to edit out your remarks just because you have... :wacko:

First you shuvv crap on others, then you expect us to cover up for you???