WDS client software

Hi!

I wonder if someone knows how or if it is possible to execute some .hta or script prior and post to the WDS client software execution point? What I wanna do is to;

1. Boot a client into PXE

2. Boot onto the WDS client (WinPE) and choose the correct image to apply to the local machine from the WDS server

3. Once the image has been applied, envoke a custom script or .hta so that I can customize the install

4. Continue into Windows Vista setup mode...

Anyone know how to envoke the script to be launched at that point in time?

Have you looked into the Lite Touch scenario? It is part of the BDD 2007 suite that MS provides for Vista deployment. What you are describing is exactly what Lite touch does and a bonus you don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Hmmm.... I am also using LTI (BDD) to create the reference images, but I have not seen where the PE that is auto created has the WDS client software enabled within it? When mounting that .wim PE file, it looks more of none WDS enabled PE image to me, maby I missed something........

Yeah, my BDD LTI environment looks like that, more or less..... but I dont see how that relates to the WDS client software? The LTI PE images created, does not even show up the WDS client software UI as when using the orig boot.wim on a Vista CD/DVD and put on the WDS server....

Thanks for the reply!