Can You Remove A Service Pack?

madkillaramsey

I did not mean warez.

Thought he maybe has some connections ...

Better than trying to remove SP2, we all know that means trouble.

I doubt it's illegal for anyone to use their on key if they download right clean version.

Afterall it's the license not the CD that you buy!

Kelsenellenelvian or any other mod, delete my double post :)

Please :rolleyes:

Even apart from it being illegal, it's still not a good idea. The media/ISO could be riddled with malware.

If you have a way that works, stick with it :)

I did not mean usuall easy p2p stuff that is filled with crap :P

The scene sources don't have malware ;)

Then it would probably get nuked!

There is always a clean source somewhere

I admit I use it, what key you use is optional, I use my own.

Better than usin my SP1a version!

Can always order the disc from MS, but that takes days, compared to a few minutes on the net!

Wow i didnt think this subject would start stuff up. Well in SP1 and SP2 all I did was install my driver and it would connect without the crap utility the card gave me. But in SP2 it would always have a problem obtaining my IP adress. Even when i manually put in all my internet info it still would screw up. I tried the repair option and applied the WinSock XP Fix and it still wouldnt work my card is made for SP2 not SP1. But my card only works with SP1 for some reason. But now I tried something different. I used nLite to integrate SP1a into my Professional SP2 cd. and then for some reason the problem was fixed. Weird? Yes, but im not complaining. Oh, and this problem I have doesnt come up when I use Home Edition, only Professional.

Interesting. I have had some wireless issues with XP pro and never bothered to use home (maybe because its sucks). Anyway I never thought about going back to SP1 or sp1a either. I would be worried about all the security issues with doing that. I also do not have exactly the same problem as you but simular. Mine goes like this. I have two PC's both using wireless. One is a desktop and the other is a laptop. Both have the same install CD used that I created with nlite. The laptop can get online fine and opens up a lot of pages but anything requiring a login times out. I also notice that the errors under the status are always increasing but only when I use the cardbus d-link card I have. If I use my onboard I get no errors but still get the timeouts on logon pages. I recently reinstalled and thought this issues was gone completly and had thought I had narrowed it down to my source cd. Turns out only half the problem is gone. Usta be all internet sites (always got an IP though) now its just logon sites. Now I'm not sure what it is. I do know its not related to drivers or the wireless card. I can switch cards between laptop and pc and problem will disappear on desktop. So its something with the config on the laptop specifically. Now that I'm writing this I think I know what it is. One of the IBM sublimental files for xp might be the issue. In any case I still wonder what could make a wireless connection connect but then never be able to open a page up. P2P stuff and torrents always work even if no pages would open and so did other download type things. This issue is so strange.