Can You Remove A Service Pack?

madkillaramsey

There is no need to remove SP2.

A service pack is a pack of updates.

SP2 is problematic only if you update from SP1 to SP2 on your already installed windows.

Installing a clean SP2 source will probably remove all issues you have.

Give nLite chance and remove things you do not need.

Be more specific, what isn't workin for you in SP2?

See this pic, example

11730897326d0852.gif

This is what I remove, final size about 130MB and it works perfectly :)

my problem with SP2 is that my wifi connection always times out. no matter what i do i even manually set my IP and all my info and it still times out. I have downloaded all the hotfixes that has to do with this problem and some that just seemed would help but for some reason my internet works flawlessly with just SP1. That is my problem

Ok, so I have suceeded in doing this. This is how:

-I extracted my Win Pro SP2 iso to a folder

-Searched the folder for anything containing SP2

-Removed all that really had to do with SP2 (I almost removed Proxy Server 2 because of its name)

-I used nLite and it came up as Windows XP Professional SP1

-I integrated SP1 just incase I removed something I shouldnt have

-Tested it on Virtual PC 2007

-I had one error saying I was missing a component but I added it into the iso and now works

If anyone has doubts try it yourself. But make sure you remove components with nLite that you KNOW we're not in SP1.

Risky :P

I wouldn't do that . . .

You probably can download SP1 and use your own key on it.

Just make sure you know if you have Corporate/VLK, Retail or OEM.

I'm guessing you have already tried updating the drivers?

Hulkviper don't be like that. Suggesting someone download warez is good grounds for being banned.

Yes even though he has a legal key it would still be illegal for him to download a copy of XP unless he has an MSDN account or some other similar way of downloading straight form MS themselves...

I did not mean warez.

Thought he maybe has some connections ...

Better than trying to remove SP2, we all know that means trouble.

I doubt it's illegal for anyone to use their on key if they download right clean version.

Afterall it's the license not the CD that you buy!

Kelsenellenelvian or any other mod, delete my double post :)

Please :rolleyes:

Guest patrickmaher

Wireless Zero Configuration is included in SP2. It was not included in SP1 so you would have to use the wireless connection software that came with your wireless network card.

I assume what is happening is you are using the Wireless Zero Configuration in SP2, but in SP1 you were using the software that came with your wireless network card. You have the choice to disable Wireless Zero Configuration in SP2 and use the software that came with your wireless network card.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community...guy/cg1102.mspx

At that page you can see the check box that you need to uncheck so that windows will not manage your wireless network connection.

The only way to uninstall a service pack is to actually install one, instead of slipstreaming one. However, if you have SP2 already integrated, then you should check your manufacturer's web site for wireless drivers compatible with Windows XP. SP2 has been out since 2004, so any drivers released since then should work.

I did not mean warez.

Thought he maybe has some connections ...

Better than trying to remove SP2, we all know that means trouble.

I doubt it's illegal for anyone to use their on key if they download right clean version.

Afterall it's the license not the CD that you buy!

Kelsenellenelvian or any other mod, delete my double post :)

Please :rolleyes:

Even apart from it being illegal, it's still not a good idea. The media/ISO could be riddled with malware.

If you have a way that works, stick with it :)

Wow i didnt think this subject would start stuff up. Well in SP1 and SP2 all I did was install my driver and it would connect without the crap utility the card gave me. But in SP2 it would always have a problem obtaining my IP adress. Even when i manually put in all my internet info it still would screw up. I tried the repair option and applied the WinSock XP Fix and it still wouldnt work my card is made for SP2 not SP1. But my card only works with SP1 for some reason. But now I tried something different. I used nLite to integrate SP1a into my Professional SP2 cd. and then for some reason the problem was fixed. Weird? Yes, but im not complaining. Oh, and this problem I have doesnt come up when I use Home Edition, only Professional.