how to install Vista on a clean Hard disk

mjall

i have installed vista initially from an XP sp2 already on my system, however i formated the pc, and now i'm trying to boot from the same cd which i used initially it's a 32bit version of Vista, it's giving me an error in the 1st phase itself when copying files that it cannot continue as some files r missing or can't be updated. Can someone help in this situation or just guide me on how to install vista from a clean formated hard disk.

also when i try to use a boot disk and try to access it wiht cdrom support, it's saying device not found with regards to the MSCDEX driver for loading a cdrom while booting, i'm using a windows Me bootable disk as both boot disks created by XP and vista don't provide that feature any longer.

Any suggestion. thanx a lot

If you are in the first installation phase then you are already past the screen when you can choose where and what to with the different hard disks of yours. So if this is the case, there is an issue with first Vista CD. Solution for your situation would be either get the DVD x86(32bit) or a new CD1, if you can’t do neither of this then just Download a vista (I would strongly recommend DVD image file, OME version) burn and install. Use the CD-key you own and chose the version of the Vista you have CD-key for.