Keyboard/Mouse Failure when in WinPE menu (WDS)

Anyone encounter this problem? I am trying to capture XP images with ImageX/WinPE.

After sysprep, it reboots, I hit F12 and it gives me selection to load WinPE, I load it, it comes to the command prompt screens

x:\windows\system32\wpeinit

x\windows\system32\

And then it's waiting for my commands.. Now it seems at various times, the keyboard and mouse will freeze up, which basically stops me from continuing. So far, whenever it happens, I just reboot and attempt it again, and with any luck, it goes thru with no problem. I have been able to capture the image and do installs of an image.. but it seems like at random times of the menu, the mouse/keyboard freezes up. This is becoming a huge issue, as it's not just happening to 1 pc, but several different pcs (dell sx270, clearcubes, dell 670) at several different times. And it seems to be happening once I try to type something on the keyboard, it immediatly freezes up (mouse would be moving ok until I hit the keyboard).

Outside of the WinPE issue, there is NO PROBLEM with the keyboard and mouse at all.

The only thing I can think is that the keyboard and mouse are plugged in a switchbox (cybex switchview) and the box is hooked up to several pcs and maybe it's not recognizing the keyboard/mice at a certain point? Do I need to install drivers to the winpe.wim image? The different PCs are all located in different areas (using different mice/keyboard) - but they all use switchboxes for the mice/keyboard/monitor..

Is there something I'm totally overlooking?