1,2 & 3 .Net Framework packs

englishmen

I have also tested this add on .. seems to work great under vmware.

Please correct me if I am wrong .. it is this add on below

[bETA] RyanVM .NET Framework All-In-One Package BETA2

and if you are using this update pack

RyanVM Update Pack 2.1.8 - Released March 20, 2007

You will need the fix, you can find it in the link above

Just in case anyone runs that pack and has issues with the add on :)

Edited by Cti

• 3 weeks later...

For x86 only, tested on xp pro x86 only.

Includes .net 1.1 sp1, 2 sp1, 3 sp1, and 3.5 all patches applied. Shows progress bars during install.

Installs from runonceex or whatever method you use at first logon.

Download=

http://rapid.mirror.host.fosi.eu.org/?/files/75667583/dotnetfxAIO.exe.html

This is the same install type with a few reg tweaks to make it svcpack compatible and its completely silent. Config.txt file below shows tweaks.

Download=

http://rapid.mirror.host.fosi.eu.org/?/files/75757058/DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.7z.html

Note: Installing this addon during svcpack causes two errors in event viewer. I don't know how important they are because the installation completes successfully. Choice is yours.

Credits: jd976 @ RyanVM.net

Edited by vhrc99

I still don't understand why people would want to install all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework via RunOnceEx. If you would install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and 2 SP1 via SVCPACK first, you can then install any application depending on either afterwards via SVCPACK as well. Note: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 cannot be installed via SVCPACK, so you will have to install it via RunOnceEx still. If you would choose to install all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework via RunOnceEx, you cannot install any applications depending on either earlier than RunOnceEx, meaning that you cannot install any of these specific applications via SVCPACK.

.NET 3.5 x86 not svcpack compatible

Sorry to be dim, but what is the issue with runonce vs. svcpack?

I'm new to nLite, and just want to make an ISO which will include all the .NET frameworks in the WinXP install (1.1SP1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5). Ideally there would be a single add-on that I could include in nLite's "Addons and update packs" step, but if that's not possible I can try something else. Following this thread has confused me - I get the impression that only 1.1 and 2.0 can be integrated like that, and 3.0 and/or 3.5 have to be installed separately (how?).

Grateful for any tips.

Thanks,

CC

Edited by linuxmagnate

Sorry to be dim, but what is the issue with runonce vs. svcpack?

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 and 3.5 cannot be installed via SVCPACK.INF, or at least no one has managed to get this properly working ;) The best way to have these installed is via RunOnce or RunOnceEx. Any applications which depends on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 or 3.5 will have to be installed after the installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 and 3.5, also via RunOnce or RunOnceEx.

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and 2.0 SP1 can be installed via SVCPACK.INF. Any applications which depends of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 or 2.0 SP1 will have to be installed after the installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 and 2.0 SP1, so these applications can be installed via SVCPACK.INF as well.