Application Answer files

REDRUM

I was wondering if there was a way to install an app silently with custom options using an answer file of sorts similar to office. I have searched the forums and cant find anything.

I have tried autoit and it is great but I am having some problems with a few installs that keep getting stuck because the command isn't working.

Any ideas?

Lee

Edited by REDRUM

Yes as sorts, it depends on the app,

Some use answer files, others use switches, Try a search for the app in question, if nothing ask.

Enjoy

P.S HI everyone, i finaly decide to talk.

I was wondering if there was a way to install an app silently with custom options using an answer file of sorts similar to office. I have searched the forums and cant find anything.

I have tried autoit and it is great but I am having some problems with a few installs that keep getting stuck because the command isn't working.

Any ideas?

Lee

What are the applications\installer types? some applications even thought they use installers only extract the files to a directory and the settings are added the first time the exe runs, these can be repackaged using WinRAR or Inno setup, other installers come with command line options like msi, Inno, InstallShield, NSIS etc.