[Discontinued] iTunes without QuickTime

Shark007

• 2 weeks later...

Since I dont foresee having highspeed internet access soon I have created transform files for others to use and apply and even distribute thier results. These transform files CANNOT be successfully applied using orca. Installshield is required.

The person who is able to successfully apply the transforms file and redistribute the results to the satisfaction of users can also take over these releases in the future.

full.mst

english.mst

Since I dont foresee having highspeed internet access soon I have created transform files for others to use and apply and even distribute thier results. These transform files CANNOT be successfully applied using orca. Installshield is required.

The person who is able to successfully apply the transforms file and redistribute the results to the satisfaction of users can also take over these releases in the future.

I used your transform to create a modified msi. What do you typically do to create the exe you distribute?

I used your transform to create a modified msi. What do you typically do to create the exe you distribute?

You can use 7-Zip or WinRAR. Also it is recommended to use a stub file to launch the msi setup whatever you use to pack the installation.

I already made both builds but i can't make and administrative install point to pack them into switchless installers. Did you manage to make an admin install point?

administrative instlall point (AIP)

1st create c:\temp

in the dir with the msi run the following command .. msiexec /a anyfilename.msi targetdir=c:\temp /qb

shark

Done. Thanks. I tried with msiexec and msi but the interface couldn't display admin install options. Didn't think of providing the path via switches.

I will test both builds. When i'm done i will upload them to some place and will post here.

English and Multilanguage builds for iTunes 7.7.1.11 are ready. They are switchless (double-click/execute = install).

I tested them on two different computers and they worked fine.

Here is the link to download them.

Thanks to Shark for the transforms.

Edited by elajua

English and Multilanguage builds for iTunes 7.7.1.11 are ready. They are switchless (double-click/execute = install).

I tested them on two different computers and they worked fine.

Here is the link to download them.

Thanks to Shark for the transforms.

What about the 64-Bit version of iTunes ??

I don't know if the transforms can be applied to 64bit version. If they do, i can make those builds.

Maybe Shark007 can tell us if they can.

I don't know if the transforms can be applied to 64bit version. If they do, i can make those builds.

Maybe Shark007 can tell us if they can.

elajua, thanks for getting this out there. I havent tested your release, but seems OK from peoples reaction to the release.

The transforms can be applied to x64 versions as well as future releases of iTunes. UNTESTED

(all of my releases were done from scratch)

someday, dont hold your breath, my health isnt the best, when I have the time,

I will send you a personal tutorial to edit these iTunes msi's from scratch.

shark