[Discontinued] iTunes without QuickTime

Shark007

:thumbup

Why do you litter my thread(s) with your project(s)? TGUP has its own thread, please use it. I'm sorry if your project isnt attracting the thousands of users you dreamed of but advertising in my threads, as you have done in the past, will not bring your project any new fans.

Also, your version (or process to get iTunes installed) will require Quicktime to have been installed PRIOR to installing iTunes unless you modify the MSI removing the Quicktime check.

My version of iTunes can be installed anytime (with no quicktime whatsoever previously installed) and allows alternate versions of Quicktime to be used instead. (Some form of quicktime is required for iTunes to function)

My version DOES NOT steal file associations in Apple's attempt to make iTunes the default player for all your media files. This aspect of any installer just makes me cringe!

My version has a 'normal' shortcut created on the start menu instead of an 'advertised' one which has no 'filepath' to follow.

My versions is compact, less than half the size of the distributed msi. I offer an English only version which further greatly reduces the distributed filesize.

Installing an MSI is no great task. Anyone can type iTunes.msi /qb and have it installed which is essentially all you have done here.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Sorry, delete my previous reply please.

I am not capable of deleting your post. You can use the EDIT button.

If I felt I could teach the average user to modify this MSI I would release a tutorial explaing how to do it like I have for Live Messenger.

For iTunes, the editting is more complicated, and outside the realm of Orca.

shark

Edited by Shark007

ipodservice.exe is a process belonging to Apple's iTunes mp3 media suite and is a core process. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

ituneshelper.exe is a process belonging to Itunes MP3 streaming tool by Apple, which allows you to play MP3's. This process speeds up iTunes when it starts, and the program also monitors for connected iPod devices. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

ipodservice.exe is a process belonging to Apple's iTunes mp3 media suite and is a core process. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

ituneshelper.exe is a process belonging to Itunes MP3 streaming tool by Apple, which allows you to play MP3's. This process speeds up iTunes when it starts, and the program also monitors for connected iPod devices. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

i will disable them then. thanks for replying.

about all those "helpers" i don't really see any improvements when using programs that load this helpers like Adobe Reader and other...