[Discontinued] iTunes without QuickTime

Shark007

one question shark. The previous version you released (7.5) according to you had disabled the ituneshelper.exe process. I tried last week the multilanguage release and to my surprise the process was there along with th ipod service? maybe it is only the multilanguage of 7.5.

nevertheless, i just got the new versions and will try them later this weekend. thanks.

i tried you new version 7.6 (english setup) and it launches iTunesHelper.exe and iPodService.exe (maybe the helper does this).

If i disable those for startup, will any of my clients have problems using itunes and their devices?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shark007, I was wondering if you have saved iTunes 7.4 Multi Language without Quicktime. I need 7.4 instead because it has a ringtone workaround for the iPhone, thanks.

Edited by noegak1

Hey Shark007, I was wondering if you have saved iTunes 7.4 Multi Language without Quicktime. I need 7.4 instead because it has a ringtone workaround for the iPhone, thanks.

I will send you a download URL via private messaging ... soon.

shark

Shark007, I have just tried to do a silent install of your QT Lite for VCP 1.09 and am having trouble figuring out the exact key sequence for an unattended install. I have tried /s /v"/qn" and all manner of combinations without success (I continue to come to a halt at the Windows Installer window - ironically, the one with the legend explaining all the msi key options). I have no trouble unpacking the executable that you have prepared and executing the msi like every other msi but that's not a clean solution. Have you any suggestions? Thx

Shark007, I have just tried to do a silent install of your QT Lite for VCP 1.09 and am having trouble figuring out the exact key sequence for an unattended install. I have tried /s /v"/qn" and all manner of combinations without success (I continue to come to a halt at the Windows Installer window - ironically, the one with the legend explaining all the msi key options). I have no trouble unpacking the executable that you have prepared and executing the msi like every other msi but that's not a clean solution. Have you any suggestions? Thx

use the following switch...

qt4vcp74_109.exe -ai

QuickTime Lite for VCP is not compatible with iTunes.

Edited by Shark007

i want to disable iTunesHelper.exe to prevent its startup but i don't know if this will interfere with the normal operation of iPod's/iPhones...

it is safe to disable it?

i don't use iTunes so i can't test it right now to see if there is a problem if a disable it.

any feedback? thanks.

I will send you a download URL via private messaging ... soon.

shark

Thanks a lot!

Shark007, sorry to be pain but I have the same question for VCPv457. I tried "-ai", didn't work. Whatever switch I try brings up an InstallShield command line parameters window with reasonable suggestions - none work. Any additional thoughts / suggestions? thx,

At this Site I maintain a switchless install addon of the codec pack.

No switches are required on this distributed EXE unless you are installing on a PC that has a language other than English as default.

For other than English unattended installations, read the INI file in the distributed archive.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Do It yourself: iTunes without Quicktime

Here is the way I used to Create a Silent Installation Executable for iTunes (almost every Version) without Quicktime [stand Alone Installer]

1. Download iTunes as usual from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2. Extract iTunesSetup.exe By WinRAR or 7-Zip

3. You need only iTunes.msi from the extracted Files, all others can be deleted.

4a. To Install directly Run

iTunes.msi /qb /norestart

4b. If you want to create a switchless executable installer (compatible with XP and VISTA) do the following:

- Create a batch File (using Notepad) named setup.cmd with the following content:

@echo off
color 3F
title TGUP - iTunes Unattended Installer by Islam Adel
echo.
echo Installing iTunes ..
echo.
start /wait "iTunes SETUP" "iTunes.msi" /qb /norestart
ping.exe 127.0.0.1 -n 4 >NUL
cd /d "%allusersprofile%\Startmen*\Program*"
if not exist "Multimedia" md "Multimedia"
if exist "iTunes\iTunes.lnk" Move /y "iTunes\iTunes.lnk" "Multimedia" >NUL
if exist "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\iTunes.lnk" Move /y "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\iTunes.lnk" "Multimedia" >NUL
if exist "%public%\Desktop\iTunes.lnk" Move /y "%public%\Desktop\iTunes.lnk" "Multimedia" >NUL
if exist "iTunes" rd /s /q "iTunes" >NUL
if exist "iTunes.lnk" del /q /f "iTunes.lnk" >NUL
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "iTunesHelper" /f 2>NUL >NUL
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "QuickTime Task" /f 2>NUL >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\QuickTime\ActiveX" /v "QTTaskRunFlags" /t REG_DWORD /d "0x2" /f
echo.
echo.
echo .....Done!
ping.exe 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
EXIT

5. Place the setup.cmd File in the same Folder of iTunes.msi

6. Run the iexpress command. Click on Start then Choose RUN, type iexpress and hit OK

7. Do as explained in the Screen shots:

Weiter = Next

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

step4.jpg

step5.jpg

6. Click On Add and Add setup.cmd and iTunes.msi

step6.jpg

7. As Install Program Type setup.cmd

step7.jpg

step8.jpg

step9.jpg

10. Choose the Path and File name where you want to save your Final Silent Installer.

step10.jpg

step11.jpg

step12.jpg

step13.jpg

14. Wait till the Compression Process is done..

step14.jpg

step15.jpg

Now you are done. Have Fun

Reference :thumbup