[Discontinued] iTunes without QuickTime

Shark007

Thnx Shark007.... Annita
Thanks

Have I mentioned recently how good it feels to be thanked for sharing?

You both are quite welcome. Glad you're finding my work useful.

and Thank You for taking the time to post.

shark

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks in first place, I've been using your installer since 7.1 now! Got to know it from somebody at the dutch tweakers.net site!

Anyway, I'm curious how you created this installer ? I've been playing with it some time ago but it didn't work for me! I guess you also used Orca to edit the msi, bu could you say what you've changed ?

I would like to create my own installer, not that yours isn't good enough, but I like to know what has been edited + I want an installerer with the user interface, as I use it also to install non-silently!

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen.

(PS: you can PM me the info too if you want to keep your topic clean or don't want to get it public ...)

Anyway, I'm curious how you created this installer ? I've been playing with it some time ago but it didn't work for me! I guess you also used Orca to edit the msi, bu could you say what you've changed ?

using orca go into the InstallExecuteSequence table and drop the row QuickTimePreInstallMSIProc

shark

using orca go into the InstallExecuteSequence table and drop the row QuickTimePreInstallMSIProc

shark

Thanks mate, that did the trick!

Though I'll still use your installer for my silent installations ;)

• 1 month later...

Files updated to 7.2 released May 30th, 2007

iTunes no QuickTime - version 7.2 ENGLISH ONLY Last Modified - May 30, 2007

file information: 9.52 MB - MD5 = 8ceca1c82b64aa31ad32764ae4ea381c

iTunes no QuickTime - version 7.2 MULTI LANGUAGE Last Modified - May 30, 2007

file information: 15.9 MB - MD5 = 9a0c877b85bc77c4d98adf9179283093

shark

I installed and it still has quicktime troubles and also gave me my first vista BSOD

I loved itunes but now I'm seriously considering dumping it for good old WMP

Thanks for micro release shark, much appreciated

I installed and it still has quicktime troubles and also gave me my first vista BSOD

I loved itunes but now I'm seriously considering dumping it for good old WMP

I don't have any issues with quicktime (installed from the VCP) or with iTunes released on my repository.

Sorry to hear its giving you such problems. You mention in the VCP thread about QT issues and most likely this is all the same issue. Have you tried to remove the QT components installed with VCP and install the official QT release to try and fix these problems?

shark

I think i may have asked the wrong thing. If pushing Shark007's exe out to end users who will have programs open, you get a prompt to close programs or to leave open and then it will require a reboot. Is there a way to elimate that window and install with programs open and have no reboot required at the end of installation? The end user can just reboot at the end of day? Thanks

I think i may have asked the wrong thing. If pushing Shark007's exe out to end users who will have programs open, you get a prompt to close programs or to leave open and then it will require a reboot. Is there a way to elimate that window and install with programs open and have no reboot required at the end of installation? The end user can just reboot at the end of day? Thanks

I use the original MSI to create these installers. These items you address are 'failsafe' proceedures built into the msi. My installers are build mainly for unattended use where these situations would not exists.

I'll have a look at bypassing them for you, but no promise...

Are you using the multilang version or the english version?

EDIT: I made a modified version of the English only installer. This will perform a completely hidden installation and hopefully, doesnt prompt the use for any clicks either. Megaupload

shark