[Discontinued] iTunes without QuickTime

Shark007

nice work. clean install and uninstall. unlike some of the other "itunes without quicktime". but i'm not a big fan of the new itunes layout and look. and i also count get this to see my ipod, so back to 6 for me. but i'll be keeping my eye on this. :)

nice work. clean install and uninstall. unlike some of the other "itunes without quicktime". but i'm not a big fan of the new itunes layout and look. and i also count get this to see my ipod, so back to 6 for me. but i'll be keeping my eye on this. :)

The installer i created uses the native MSI from Apple. All i did was remove the language files and offer the language files as a separate addon. It should work with your iPod.

shark

• 1 month later...

I have an error with your latest QTwoIT 702.

Then i run it in the end of installation comes a error:

Error then starting service "iPod service". Check that you have permission to run system services. Retry or Cancel (no way to continue)

It error appears on 3 different computers, but were before perfectly installed 701 version.

Can you fix it?

I have an error with your latest QTwoIT 702.

Then i run it in the end of installation comes a error:

Error then starting service "iPod service". Check that you have permission to run system services. Retry or Cancel (no way to continue)

It error appears on 3 different computers, but were before perfectly installed 701 version.

Can you fix it?

The last user with this problem tracked it to removals in nLite.

try again without using nLite.

shark

hmm i dont using nLite. I build my Unattended XPCD in oldshool way by hands using MSFN.

Everything works perfectly because i control everything that i change in XP distrib. And your ITwoQT 701 + LangPack installs and works cool :)

Maybe Apple change something in service install ? :(

Can you tell me username who have the same prob.

hmm i dont using nLite. I build my Unattended XPCD in oldshool way by hands using MSFN.

ok, i revisited the package. I found a problem with the Language addon/package and have updated those files. Try installing the language pack BEFORE the main program. Please let me know if the updated files work for you.

shark

Still bad :(

I made a clean test - delete every track of itunes ipod, uninstall all versions and clean registry and reboot.

Still no luck :( The same error. I try to turn off, on , automatic this service - nothing.

Try to run Langpack.exe first - no luck.

701+langpack = work 100% i believe you can do it with 702 :)

Still bad :( I made a clean test - delete every track of itunes ipod, uninstall all versions and clean registry and reboot. Still no luck :( The same error. I try to turn off, on , automatic this service - nothing.

Try to run Langpack.exe first - no luck.

701+langpack = work 100% i believe you can do it with 702 :)

thank you for testing. I've redone the main program file now also. good luck.

I've never had problems personally, but i'm only able to test english versions.

please try again.

shark

thanks for removing that advertised shortcut shark007.

i only use your setup to deploy it to some customers wich have an ipod and cant quit using itunes no matter what i tell them ;)

You're welcome.

To fix issues associated with languages other than English,

I have released a 'Multi Language' Installer. The English only Installer is also available.

shark.

Cool! Now iTunes 702 works perfectly! Great work! You fix the bug! :)

hmm but latest langpack during extracting at 86% popup 7z error:

"Can not delete output file"

Maybe because i run it more than once?

EDIT: I try your new MultiLanguage installer...

EDIT2: The same cool result! Works 100%! Thnx a lot!

Edited by fanatf1

• 3 months later...