[Discontinued] iTunes without QuickTime

Shark007

BUG: When I delete the startmenu group of itunes7. Everytime I start up itunes the windows installer runs, and reinstalls all shortcuts. This does not happen when I delete the desktop and quicklaunch icons created by the install. Just the startmenu group seems to have a problem.

BUG: When I delete the startmenu group of itunes7. Everytime I start up itunes the windows installer runs, and reinstalls all shortcuts. This does not happen when I delete the desktop and quicklaunch icons created by the install. Just the startmenu group seems to have a problem.

Report your bugs to Apple.com , this software is loaded with them.

I didnt create this installer, it is Apple's.

shark

you can find a switchless installer on my repository. It is English only.

There is also a lauguage installer to support languages other than English.

Do you have an alternate link for the installer since your site is offline?

Do you have an alternate link for the installer since your site is offline?

No i don't. I don't use this program at all, i just created the installer for others because .. i can. Possibly an MSFN member who has downloaded it already will make it available and post a link in this thread.

From what i read on the internet, this program (v7.0) is riddled with all kinds of bugs. I'll bet there will be a new release within a week or 2, to deal with the majority of bug reports Apple is receiving over this release.

shark

Edited by Shark007

• 2 weeks later...

This is a perfect example of why I hate advertised shortcuts :puke: The idea behind them is fine, but some software publishers power and control issues. They wan't their shortcuts on your Start Menu only as they define them.

This is a perfect example of why I hate advertised shortcuts :puke: The idea behind them is fine, but some software publishers power and control issues. They wan't their shortcuts on your Start Menu only as they define them.

I hate advertised shortcuts too.. they were that way in 7.01 also.. but in this version i made,

I changed them , they arent advertised anymore, illiminating this problem.

I also stopped the desktop and quicklaunch shortcuts from being created :)

shark

Edited by Shark007

In 7.0.1:

"An error occurred while updating the default player for audio file types. You do not have enough access privileges..."

But it looks like the setting worked anyway. Too bad iTunes took over my audio file type during installation though.

In 7.0.1:

"An error occurred while updating the default player for audio file types. You do not have enough access privileges..."

But it looks like the setting worked anyway. Too bad iTunes took over my audio file type during installation though.

I cant reproduce the error, are you using an administrators account?

You can stop it from stealing the associations by repackaging it.

currently, it is a 7Z selfextract EXE using this command:

RunProgram="msistub.exe iTunes.msi /qb"

To turn off file associations you'll have to repackage it using this command:

RunProgram="msistub.exe iTunes.msi /qb REGSRCH_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=0"

shark