Automating Software Installation

That is part of the runonceex process. it is created by windows when the runonceex keys are populated.

But my RunOnceEx.cmd runs in the command prompt like 16 bit applications. I m using "RunOnceEx.cmd Creater". If anyone has a working RunonceEx.cmd which displays a list or menu please upload it.

Where should I put the file???

Edited by jhanduka4

read this - http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/

Essentially, runonceex.cmd is called by cmdlines.txt, both which lie in the $OEM$ folder of your Windows XP source, which if it does not exist, has to be created. This page will be beneficial to understand how to call the programs you want to install, an introduction to application command line switches relevant to unattended installations and more.

Edited by tap52384

your runonceex.cmd only populates the registry keys, it doesn't do the software installation. That happens at the firt login and windows takes over and runs the commands in the runonceex registry keys and displays that window listing the titles from the registry.

your runonceex.cmd only populates the registry keys, it doesn't do the software installation. That happens at the firt login and windows takes over and runs the commands in the runonceex registry keys and displays that window listing the titles from the registry.

Could you explain the cmdow in detail. My RunOnceEx.cmd has it at the top, will Excluding that show the menu??