[Release] Adobe shockwave and flash players

ZileXa

I don't understand, what's the use of this package? If I install Shockwave (full or slim) silently the Yahoo toolbar doesnt get installed.

and I run a extremely small textfile called 'shockwave-killbrowser.au3' afterwards so that IE won't popup:

ProcessWait ( "IEXPLORE.EXE" )
ProcessClose ( "IEXPLORE.EXE" )

my RunOnceEx:

REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 4 /D "%CDDRIVE%\installApps\InternetPlugins\Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe /S" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 5 /D "autoit3 "%CDDRIVE%\installApps\InstallSettings\shockwave-killbrowser.au3"" /f

So I just always download Shockwave from the official site if I want to update my uAdisc.

Edit: an installer for Flash? Opera/Mozilla users only need to place the pluginfile in their dir, no installation required, just let it extract.

and for IE, well I think most people use RyanVM pack...

Edited by ZileXa

Actually I only refer to Shockwave, I don't use installer for Flash, don't see the point. it is just 2 files for Firefox\Plugins folder, same for IE but the files are included in the RyanVM pack (eng/nl).

I was a bit wrong about Shockwave, I DO get the Yahoo Toolbar in IE. So Shark's Shockwave installer is a solution. It is just that I prefer not to use custom installers, because then I am dependent on Shark, if a new update comes out, I just have to hope Shark will have time to update his installer.

Thats why, if there would be a solution (no Yahoo and no popup) for the original installer (using a switch or something like that) I would prefer it. The supersmall script I use is no problem, because I can simply upgrade by just checking the official downloadpage.

But I really don't want Yahoo toolbar so I will use Sharks installer.

And about "Switchless", what is the difference in: run install.exe or run install.exe /s ?

"Switchless" has become such a popular term while it doesn't really add anything useful in my opinion, a bit overrated word.

EDIT

@Shark & Muiz: May I suggest savefile.com?

it's a filehost, not as bloated as rapidshare but the biggest benefit: you can create Projects, for instance a uA WinXP project, all files related you can add to your project with a description for each (for example version number) and a description for the project.

Edited by ZileXa

@ZileXa

EDIT
@Shark & Muiz: May I suggest savefile.com?
it's a filehost, not as bloated as rapidshare but the biggest benefit: you can create Projects, for instance a uA WinXP project, all files related you can add to your project with a description for each (for example version number) and a description for the project.

Thx i wil have a look at it.

@Shark007, any chance you could make the Shockwave installer install Quiet, without flashing windows with extraction status & installation status?

since it is installed in few seconds... not really needed & I don't have any setup/extract windows flashing.. only shockwave now...

perhaps it is possible with a switch? don't think so since it is switchless..

EDIT

Already created myself using your installer, extracted the files simply with winrar, 7zipped the extracted files to "Shockwave.7z", then did:

copy /b 7zS.sfx + config.txt + Shockwave.7z shockwave.exe

where 7zS.sfx is 7zips sfx module, config.txt contains the command to be executed after extracting and shockwave.7z contains all setup files. The command says /qn, means its totally quiet, no installer window.

Hope you don't mind, it is still your installer!

Uploaded the file to my savefile but if you upload it to your own I will remove it from mine :)

(Savefile doesnt allow .exe files)

Shark007's Shockwave Silent (quiet) installer

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...

OK Good news about Silent Shockwave installer. To have shockwave for Mozilla-based browsers, simply make sure the following 2 files will be placed in the folder "program files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins":

np32dsw.dll

ShockwavePlugin.class

I have added them to my downloadpage for Shockwave Silent Installer.

Ofcourse u can simply use the silent Shockwave installer Shark007 has given in the first post. Mine is exactly same but without progressbar.

• 3 weeks later...
yes, you can use the /qn switch on my installer

ooohh damnz, I thought /qn was impossible, thought switchless = no switch needed & also not possible.

So then it is useless I created an installer.

ummmm, no, that's your installer. Mine works from svcpack, yours will fail uninstallation if used from svcpack. Although, if you note that it must be installed after 1st boot (runounceex), it will uninstall properly.

ummmm, no, mine isnt silent, it's switchless, yours is yours, and it isnt the same as mine. It may contain the same files as mine, but it doesnt have the same functionality.

shark

I am not sure what you mean, like I said, all I did was: extract your installer, then create a 7zip switchless installer again, just as you did (I assume), the only difference is that I run the msi file with /qn from the switchless installer.

so mine = identical to yours + the /qn switch builtin. So I will delete mine.

But perhaps you used a completely different command, and thats why you say mine wont work when used from svpack?

Well mine does install from runonceex, executed @T13.

EDIT:

just tested your installer sw101116.exe /qn, doesn't work, after extracting I get the window listing all possible switches.

Seems mine is still usefull.

I also updated my installer since the progressbar for extracting was still shown, now that progressbar is also supressed, uploading now.

EDIT2:

the switch for your install -/qn (instead of /qn) does work, hiding the msi progressbar!

If you could modify the 7zip sfx so that the extracting progressbar is hidden, I will delete mine :)

example:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

Progress="no"

RunProgram="setup.exe"

;!@InstallEnd@!

Edited by ZileXa

You could check this out yourself dude, just checkout the files in your browser (Firefox) pluginsfolder! No need to ask.

I have updated my Shockwave Installer. You can use it for (completely) silent installation.

Or use it as a One-Click Installer, easy as hell. No Yahoo! Toolbar.

With the switches You can decide yourself wether you want progressbars or not.

The archive you download ALSO contains a file called Browserplugins.exe, double-click to extract it to your browsers "Plugins" folder and you will have FULL Flash support. It also contains the necessary Shockwave pluginfiles for your browser (Opera or Mozilla).

Shockwave One-Click/Silent Installer + Flash & Shockwave Browserplugins

DOWNLOAD

edit:updated.

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I've created a new version of the previous Shockwave+Flash installer (see page2), easier for me to update.

The installer will install:

- Shockwave

- Shockwave Extras

- The Shockwave plugin for Firefox

- The FLASH plugin for Firefox

For Firefox, this is all you need. For Internet Explorer, the Flash plugin isn't included so it won't be updated.

(Personally I removed the flash plugin from Windows dir (= the flash plugin for IE, standard already in Windows) cos I only use IE if I can't view a page in FF).

It's clean, without Google toolbar or IE popup.

It can be used as a One-Click Installer, Silent, or fully silent without progressbars. For details about these options, use the -h or -? switch.

Can be installed at T13 (tested with RunOnceEx running at T13).

It's on my Easy Installers site now

Shockwave + Flash Installer.

Edited by ZileXa