1.4 requested features

TAP3AH

Here are some of my ideas.

• Notepad removal
  • List of languages to be added to Language Bar
    [RegionalSettings]
    Language=... <-Remove
    InputLocale=xxxx:xxxx,xxxx:xxxx,xxxx:xxxx,...

• Windows Explorer->Tools->Folder Options...->View->Managing pairs of Web pages and folders
    [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
    "NoFileFolderConnection"=dword:0000000x

• Custom Regional Settings
    [HKCU\Control Panel\International]
    "iDate"=...
    "iMeasure"=...
    "iTime"=...
    "iTLZero"=...
    "sLongDate"=...
    "sShortDate"=...
    "sTimeFormat"=...
    "iTimePrefix"=...
    [HKCU\Control Panel\International\Geo]
    "Nation"=...

• Change locations of system folders (like "My Documents")
  • Show/hide toolbars on Taskbar
  • Removing obsolete files like:
    - AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS, IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS
    - Start Menu and Desktop shortcuts and empty Start Menu folders
    - Favourites (including subfolders)
  • Small Icons in Classic Start Menu
    [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "Start_LargeIcons"=dword:0000000x

• Auto-hide Taskbar
    [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "TaskbarSizeMove"=dword:0000000x
    "TaskbarGlomming"=dword:0000000x

I don't use nLites Theme integration feature, but I use theme addons and I want to be able to manually input a CustomDefaultThemeFile that is not integrated using nlite instead of having to edit the WINNT.SIF manually

Thanx nuhi, Hope this makes it into 1.4 ;)

I don't use nLites Theme integration feature, but I use theme addons and I want to be able to manually input a CustomDefaultThemeFile that is not integrated using nlite instead of having to edit the WINNT.SIF manually

rather a feature to ad theme_whatever.7z from the theme stuf instead of the addon stuf,

Edit (after re-read):

Why do you wish to remove notepad, as a verry basic text editor is quite usefull, - maybe if your looking to a better notepad (more advanced) > LOOK HERE < and scrol to the bottom of the page where it says: "Download Here <-- NOT uninstallable! "

Edited by -I-

Why do you wish to remove notepad, as a verry basic text editor is quite usefull, - maybe if your looking to a better notepad (more advanced) > LOOK HERE < and scrol to the bottom of the page where it says: "Download Here <-- NOT uninstallable! "

Exactly. I want to install Notepad++ as its replacement. But, the add-on that you referred to doesn't remove Notepad.

• 2 weeks later...

Although the remove box will remove notepad.exe, it will not replace it with anything else. Someone long ago turned Notepad2 into a file to replace the original in the Windows XP Source that I currently use. Perhaps a function that will allow a specified stand-alone executable to become the new Notepad?

What else could be added at this point except for possibly further breakdowns of what the current extensions remove, for example, the specific games, codecs, or even files that are removed?

nLite is pretty solid. Perhaps more registry tweaks, more components (if possible), integration of the user hive cleanup service, integration of a driver backup utility to help find the drivers that needs to be included from the current machine, and as a ridiculous request, to patch the system files with Vista resources if system has access to a Vista installation (on another partition, like a dual-boot configuration) or a Vista DVD.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

There is option show/hide Docuemnts, Music, Pictures but there is no option hide "Recent Documents".

There is a needed code to hide:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_ShowRecentDocs"=dword:00000000

Code to show:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_ShowRecentDocs"=dword:00000002

I have no idea if it is even possible :rolleyes: , but it would be nice to have the option of creating a bootable installation USB pen drive. Modern Mobos can be booted from USB and it is so convenient. :whistle:

If this can be added.

1. There is option "Password never expire" when select blank password was used.

2. Option for enforce OOBE to run in every PC. Some PC bypass it like Intel Glad, Asus P4GE-MX, Intel GVSR, etc...

3. First icon on desktop (My Computer, My documents).

4. For local language there is option to integrate LIP(setup.msi) that can be download from microsoft.

Edited by rehbar