RunOnceEx

just_laze

Hey,

Is that what the below entry in the changelog is suggesting?

• fix: KB841356, KB924667, KB925876, KB928090, KB928255

Using nLite v1.3 RC2 integrating IE7, followed by KB928090 still resulted in RunOnceEx not working.

Is this no longer the case with the release of nLite v1.3 FINAL, has the problem been addressed?

Thanks.

laze.

Can someone please provide information on what exactly has been fixed regarding the integration of KB928090?

I'd also like to hear some details on that.

They also mention "fix: Show desktop icon (XP only)", does that mean we don't need to run the RegSvr32 step in your guide now Just_Laze?

yeah I'd like to know too. Runonce (using the runonce tab in nLite) is giving me very mixed results too. Sometimes the first command line runs (I have 5), sometimes none of them do. Very frustrating.

I will try the install without adding KB928090 and see how that goes.

Possibly MAdkins but I have no plans to rebuild my installation in the near future so will not be testing it anytime soon.

Geez, talk about laze... ;) Nah, that's totally fair enough...

I ended up integrating (using nLite 1.3 final) IE7 and hotfixes except KB928090 which I installed in RunOnceEX. I would've liked to integrate everything, but this seemed the path of least resistance. Worked perfectly and I've still got the show desktop icon on new accounts so looks like that part could be fixed in 1.3 final - but this would need to be confirmed by someone who'd previously found it to be missing....

• 1 month later...

Ran three fresh realtime installs using nlite1.35, IE7 and the three most recent hotfixes, KB928089, KB929969, KB931768 all slipstreamed at once; in two of the installs RunOnceEx was broken-no ryme or reason to it, but, desktop icon issue is fixed. The RunOnceEx reg entery was completely bypassed/not read/recognized no matter how many times I rebooted until this was added under the title line in my RunOnceEx file;

REG ADD %KEY% /V Flags /T REG_DWORD /D 128 /F

which hides the dialogue box, so, basically I was installing blind, but, the entire RunOnceEx command ran to successful completion. I found this here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/IE7_RunOnceEx_pr...lly_t93061.html

from Yzowl

also here

http://www.msfn.org/board/IE7_RunOnceEx_So...2.html&st=0

are some other good suggestions.

Edited by RickSteele