AutoSYSTEMini v0.56 beta (english, italian & french only)

ah ha! I was using Memoria totale for the italian local --- which is what you told me!! Maybe that was when we were using MEM ... so when you use FREEMEM, the string is "Total memory" --- correct? That's why ...

Another string:

SET Tey35=It seems you haven't yet made an undo file.

Yes, Total memory = Memoria totale.

SET Tey35=Sembra che non hai ancora creato un file undo.

Please open WIN.INI and look in the [intl] section and tell me what your sLanguage= setting is. Is there a list somewhere I can use?

sLanguage=ita

Thanks again ... please bear with me on this ... all the help you guys give me with this will help ALL my other projects ... yay!

Thanks again ... please bear with me on this ... all the help you guys give me with this will help ALL my other projects ... yay!

Here is an advice - check BTEWin. As you do a lot of scripting, you could benefit from it's advanced commands/features.

P.S.

Bulgarian: sLanguage=bgr

Edited by RainyShadow

Other some correction to italian language:

To correct

SET Tey37=rilevato

with

SET Tey37=rilevata

and to correct

SET Tex87a=Hai meno

with

SET Tex87a=Hai almeno

and

SET Tey24a=ma troppo grande funzionera' a dispetto dell'efficienza

with

SET Tey24a=ma se troppo alto funzionera' a dispetto dell'efficienza

You can still to improve localization, there are always certain words such as "or" or "Press" going in the specific options.

or=o

Press=Premi

Don't forget to improve also layout of texts.

autosystemom2.png

Now detect of RAM is OK, very probably this will be a definitive version, only little corrections to localization must be done.

After option A (best settings using RAM value), my win98SE flies!!!

Edited by Max_04

News:

French translation is over. I sent you a PM.

I found a few problems but I guess that's how you go from beta to final!

- The program can't find how much RAM I have anymore.

- French language is detected but english text is displayed even while french strings are nox translated. How comes?

- Manual settings for keyboosttime and mintimeslice don't seem to work (is it just me?)

- There's a problem with chunksize when configured automaticaly: it displays the same string twice

Hope that helps! :)

OK, what about languages that are not listed in the script and are not English either? Those poor users will only see asterisks and dots instead of menu options' text. ;)

That's what's happening for me, as my win.ini screams: sLanguage=rom.

Most simple fix for that would be to add the following two lines marked in red, to the respective module, although there could be some simple way to add a message like "Sorry, currently there's no localization for your system language; defaulting to English." :

:LANG_UNK

:: Unknown language

:: reset the mesg value to English

SET MEMmsg=Total memory

SET NEXT1=GoSTART

goto ENGLISH

• 3 months later...

Hi soporific,

Are you still working on this great little tweaker as an independent utility apart from Auto-Patcher?

I tried using it some months back on Windows 95 OSR2x. I'm happy to report that it worked fine, apart from an error that occurred during the reboot routine (it failed to reboot, with an error). I had to reboot manually for the changes to take effect.

Sorry that this feedback is somewhat vague. I didn't make a note of the error specifically.

Anyway, any word on the future of this?

Thanks. :)

Hi soporific,

Are you still working on this great little tweaker as an independent utility apart from Auto-Patcher?

Anyway, any word on the future of this?

Thanks. :)

well, not really ... it was only released in order to get some testing on it before including it in Auto-Patcher ... i really should at least get around to providing the current code as a stand-alone product ... maybe i will .... but in the mean time, you'll just have to use AP ... i will advise when i have made a decision on this tweaker's fate!