Is it possible to activate registry settings at different time of the

Sgt_Strider

I notice some registry tweaks don't apply itself unless it's applied at different time of the install. For example, the registry tweak to disable the screensaver doesn't work when it's applied at that T-13 stage, but it works if I apply it once it gets to the desktop. Does HFSLIP have any way to apply registry tweaks at different stages of the install?

HFGUIRUNONCE supports .REG files. They are executed after the Welcome screen, but before the desktop, Themes, etc. are set up. If the .REG file needs to be executed AFTER that, you're out of luck. Remember that if you import registry settings through HFGUIRUNONCE that require a reboot, you'll have to reboot before they take effect.

It just occured to me that I forgot to document the HFGUIRUNONCE folder on the HFSLIP site once it became final... Will be fixed, hehe... :)

HFGUIRUNONCE supports .REG files. They are executed after the Welcome screen, but before the desktop, Themes, etc. are set up. If the .REG file needs to be executed AFTER that, you're out of luck. Remember that if you import registry settings through HFGUIRUNONCE that require a reboot, you'll have to reboot before they take effect.

It just occured to me that I forgot to document the HFGUIRUNONCE folder on the HFSLIP site once it became final... Will be fixed, hehe... :)

So I just drop my registry tweak file into HFGUIRUNONCE then and also have a registry file in HFSVCPACK?

Will you consider adding a feature of automatically integrating a reboot?

So I just drop my registry tweak file into HFGUIRUNONCE then and also have a registry file in HFSVCPACK?

If in that way doesn't work you can add your reg tweak at "Startup" directory. Simply you must create a cmd file in HFSVCPACK that copy another cmd file to "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" and in this cmd file you write:

%SystemRoot%\REGEDIT.EXE /S "<position of your reg file>"

I use this technique for adding reg tweaks in later times. For examples at windows first run or at second reboot.

Ps. If you use this way, remember to delete the cmd file copied in %AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Edited by S3pHiroTh

If in that way doesn't work you can add your reg tweak at "Startup" directory. Simply you must create a cmd file in HFSVCPACK that copy another cmd file to "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" and in this cmd file you write:

I use this technique for adding reg tweaks in later times. For examples at windows first run or at second reboot.

Ps. If you use this way, remember to delete the cmd file copied in %AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Will the computer require a reboot if I apply the registry tweaks at the startup? Also can I delete that CMD file through cleanup.cmd file?

Will the computer require a reboot if I apply the registry tweaks at the startup? Also can I delete that CMD file through cleanup.cmd file?

Yes, some reg tweaks require reboots, and for delete the cmd file from %AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, you can simply add as the last line of that cmd file this command:

DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\<name>.cmd" (replace "name" with your cmd file name)

That's all. One another thing, don't reboot with the command SHUTDOWN, because if the cmd file is too fast, can broke some configuration... is better to restart manually.