Win98/ME/2000/XP Boot CD

Sphynx

This has apparently been done - I saw a multi-os cd for download some time back on a file sharing program.

How to do it is another question :)

I would assume you would have to make a root directory for each os and use some sort of third party software to allow the choices of which os to install?

• 1 month later...

It's very possible.

I will skip the details.

Create a boot CD with Windows 98's boot files. Edit the [menu] part to add the new entries. Optionally, you may want to set the CD-ROM Drive to a specific drive letter. Get the autoexec.bat to run setup based on teh menuconfig you created.

You will want to use the most recent windows 98 version for the CD, since previous versions apparently had a bug with being booted from a CD. Avoid Windows ME because the Autoexec.bat file might need a different name, and there will probably be version conflicts with Windows 98 files.

I recommend adding /is /ie /ib /im to the setup launcher line, because odds are that if the disk survived the format, scandisk is just going to be a waste of time. Plus you don't need a boot disk :)

If you want my opinion, there is no reason to have both 98 and 98 se, and Windows 95 is just redundant. As for ME, enough has been said :rolleyes:.

Good luck in any case!