nLite 1.3 Final - Gas Powered Commander

nuhi

I would like some more removals for 1.4:

- Removal of some filesystems

- Removing some leftover bloat,more info in this thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=85456

- Removal of all 'flavors' of the Task Manager from the Windir and Sys32 and everything that goes with them. What's the use of this old and limited app if using a better alternative,like Process Explorer for example :)

- Removal of the 'Search' menu (completely from the Start Menu) and removal of the 'Network Connections','Printers & Faxes' and 'Taskbar & Start Menu' from the Start -> Settings Menu

- Preventing XP and especially apps like XnView to ever set a wallpaper to the desktop (Remove everything that allows programs to do this)

- If certain files (EXE or DLL) are present twice in both the 'Windows' and 'System32' directory,remove the duplicates from the 'Windows' dir.

- minlogon integration

Edited by synth

just a minor request: server 2003 needs more nliteing! for example:

*Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security

*Removal of the Time Service

*Removal of server-related services (Interstate Messaging and Kerberos Key... perhaps)

*Enabling Display and Sound acceleration (would this tweak even be possible?)

and for nLite in general

*the tweak section need fixing (Some tweaks dont get applied and some I didnt select do get applied)

*Tweak for Memory usage (similar to Processor scheduling)

Edited by anoymous_person

nuhi is it possible to make integration of programs directly in nlite and make it possible to add programs with its silent switches without the need to make private addon for each one alone because i have many programs and it is annoying :wacko: to make addon for each one

thanks

sorry for my English :blushing::D:P

Edited by zikozoko

nuhi is it possible to make integration of programs directly in nlite and make it possible to add programs with its silent switches without the need to make private addon for each one alone because i have many programs and it is annoying :wacko: to make addon for each one

thanks

sorry for my English :blushing::D:P

that's an insane task and will never be implemented, just use the addon maker or make switchless exe's and use $oem$ folders

hu nuhi! atm, nLite allows for removal of Windows Update (the results being that is already grayed out in the Unattended section & not being presnt anymore in the Services portion) ... after XP's full installation, result is that no shortcut in the Start menu is visible but still present in Control Panel & clicking it shows the window where Automatic Update's radio button is still set to: Automatic ... could nLite allow for this window to be already set to: Turn off Automatic Update and already grayed out so it couldn't be changed anymore? i know it's possible via reg tweak (or even via winnnt.sif) but i hope it would be too thru nLite's settings ... thanks in advance! :)

otherwise you can suggest something new for the 1.4.

This bug has been bugging me all weekend, I spent days testing and testing and I finally found its the integration of IE7 x64 into Windows XP x64 Pro SP2 (and SP1). When IE7 x64 is slipstreamed into the install files it corupts a registry entry, everytime IE7 x64 is integrated AVG 7.5 Pro fails to install saying theres a registry error and yes it does support XP x64 obviously.. it works without IE7 x64 integrated. If I don't intgrate IE7 x64 I get spammed with unsigned driver promts during windows installation and when using windows update...

I am dying to use XP x64, its preformance is so wonderfull but this IE7 x64 bug needs to be fixed... please.. Also WMP 11 x64 fails to integrate into XP x64 with the lastest version of WMP11 slipstreamer, the box goes red and integrate is greyed out.

Fix fix fix please... :rolleyes:

Edited by inferno128

• 2 weeks later...

nuhi can i translate nlite in PUNJABI (india) language.if nobody is doing this then let me do.

i can also translate nlite in HINDI. its also a indian language.

thanx in advance.