nLite 1.3 Final - Gas Powered Commander

nuhi

geese howard, yeah that issues was reported on RC2 and when I asked for a feedback to be able to reproduce the issue they said it resolved itself...so it must be something colliding with nLite...try reinstalling nlite from scratch. Recopy clean 2k3 install AND try to redownload your few failing hotfixes, I think one user reported that helped him and we both were puzzled.

Mauri, http://www.nliteos.com/faq.html#Q32

Strange..i didn´t have this problem with RC2, but i´ll try your tip

just a couple things, first thx for all your continued work, second the new timezone hotfix doesnt integrate (KB931836), third, and this is probably just me, but is the option to have all the I386 files CAPITALIZED no longer there? i think its the wmp11 files and ie7 files that are all uncapitalized, i know its not major but i like everything all nice and neat. the "tasks" i do with nLite are "Remove Components" "Hotfixes and Update Packs" and "Options" and i dont see it anywhere. am i just missing it?

I keep getting this bug with the user accounts when using nLite on XP Home OEM.

On nLite, when there is only 'Administrator' & 'Guest' under Users, it says there is a limitation in XP Home. So I create a new account and put it in the Administrators group then complete the process and make the ISO.

When I install, it create the account but it is a limited account and it also creates another account called 'Owner' which is in the administrators group.

Thanks nuhi.

Thanks a lot Nuhi!

There is everything in n-lite, adding drivers, removing windows components,registry tweaks,services tweaks & what not?

It's a complete experience to enlight win xp.

I have suggestion in this matter:

WHY WE CANT INTEGRATE PROGRAMS LIKE WINAMP,WINRAR THROUGH N-LITE ? I KNOW THAT THERE IS OTHER WAY TO DO THIS THINGS. BUT WHY N-LITE CANT DO THIS THINGS ? IN THIS WAY IF WE CAN ADD SOME PROGRAM USING N-LITE THEN IT WILL BE GREAT!

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ADD ON PACKS TO SLIPSTREAM BUT AUTOMATICALLY N-LITE SHOULD CREATE $OEM$ FOLDERS & RUNONCEEX.CMD LIKE WISE.

THANKS.............................................................

Edited by piyush pathak

WHY WE CANT INTEGRATE PROGRAMS LIKE WINAMP,WINRAR THROUGH N-LITE ? I KNOW THAT THERE IS OTHER WAY TO DO THIS THINGS. BUT WHY N-LITE CANT DO THIS THINGS ? IN THIS WAY IF WE CAN ADD SOME PROGRAM USING N-LITE THEN IT WILL BE GREAT!

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ADD ON PACKS TO SLIPSTREAM BUT AUTOMATICALLY N-LITE SHOULD CREATE $OEM$ FOLDERS & RUNONCEEX.CMD LIKE WISE.

THANKS.............................................................

Do you have any idea how difficult that would be - to create a way to intergrate 1000's upon 1000's of apps?! :wacko:

And what is wrong with addon packs - they work flawlessly when created correctly.

I'm hoping nLite will include some form of anti-CAPS typing mechanism in a future release :rolleyes:

I agree with Minlogon integration. Quicker reboots/cold boots, gets rid of OEMBIOS, etc. Would be lovely being able to integrate it :thumbup

As always it would probably would be cool to strip XP down even more, but I don't doubt that you might find another way, lol :sneaky:

Maybe a application integration feature? Saves people having to download application add-ons, etc? Would probably be hard, but would make installing so much easier :ph34r:

(EDIT: Whoops, silly me for not reading the whole thread, lol.....Wouldn't be too hard I guess, you would only need to cover the main installer packages, like MSI, InstallShield, right?)

Cheers for the final btw :thumbup

Edited by start_something

wmp 11 dont work on win2k....thats the way m$ build it.......

Well I realise that WMP doesn't actually work on 2k (and indeed I don't need it to), but what I mean is that since my main computer runs 2k, I effectively can't nLite an XP disc if I want to include WMP 11 unless I stick it in RunOnce; either that or actually install XP on a second computer and move all my nLite stuff over simply because the initial archive in which WMP11 is contained doesn't unpack on 2k.

So I'm really looking for a workaround for that, first and foremost; anything more would be a bonus.