Vista Ultimate only 698mb on disc -2500 on harddisk !

studio48

Windows Vista Ultimate Ultra lite

Yesterday created my Beta2 lite version of Ultimate version of Windows Vista and these are the repports !

TEST MACHINE USED - GERICOM WEBGINE

SPECS - 1100 MHZ PENTIUM PROCESSOR (PENTIUM3)

- 376 MB RAM

- HARDDISK - 4GIG

- SIS VIDEO AND SOUND CARDS

- SWEEX WIFI NETWORK CARD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The iso of my brandnew ultra lite version rolled out of the burner and the big adventure could begin..install Vista ultimate on a old laptop..cold this be possible?

After the boot that went good i got no warning message of low am memory below 512 mb..and that was a good thing!!

Ofcourse i formatted the 4000mb drive and windows vista warned me that it needed at least 2400mb space to be able to install :P so the 4 gig should be more then enough to continue the set up !

Suprised as i was the copying and installing of the my ript version of Windows Vista ..went really fast for an old pentium3 with only 375 mb ram !

All went good and after the install that took at least 45 minutes ..Vista was ready to be used !

I had to fix some driver problems ..but vista reacted good on the win xp drivers i combined with windows 200 pro drivers and my sound , video and networkcards worked !

After the protectin of my works with bitdefender internet security , my system was ready to go..

Because i removed many parts of the operating system i had to add a picture viewer (2mb) and a program called universal explorer to move files (1mb) cause in some way i can not move files with the mouse on my desktop :P ..

Mediaplayer i left in the installation files so i have wmp11 ,but i,m sorry i did i dont like wmp11 in some way ,my next beta i will remove that aswel !

As burner i downloaded the freeware DEEPBURNER and all works great !

I,m on that machine now and i dont have the feeling ,that i,m on some old machine beeing all slow and sh!t !

I have 800 mb left and besides a voiptelephone www.freecall.com i wont install to mutch more on this Laptop..it can do almost everything and i sucsesfully brought this test to an good ending !

My next goal is to do the same on my other laptop a sattelite 1000 mhz pentium3 with 256mb ram

More repports will be posted later in the day !

post-129091-1173009438_thumb.jpg

Edited by studio48

Lol in some way i think i will just type my replies in notepad first then paste it cause its been 2 times now that my whole story get wiped while typing it here in the forum..am i beeing hacked lol?

I agree but i have more then 1 computer so i just dont look at the installation part all the time..ill just come here and read or post some repport i,m testing..and its good to know that poor people dont have to upgrade that much if they learn how to work with Vlite.No joke !

• 3 weeks later...

Me to buddy i was ..eeeeh so i can not use my 4.5 gig harddisk anymore?? :(

But thanks to Vlite i can install Vista lite build by Vlite on a small harddisk and the minimum is 4.6 gig harddisk..lol you wont be able to have allot but it will run and work fine..

The best part of Vlite is that i can take out the security centre from Vista and them balloon tips ..cause those anoy me very much!

Also the part that Vista get so much lighter , will make that i will never ever use a full version of vista anymore..when one sees(thanks to Vlite) what kind of rubbish is inserted in the operating system --lol did you see how big the help files are -?

Also the speech part is BIG !!!!Those things are not needed for me..i skip help files cause i never use them lmao..

Hey check the preset file open it and apply and see what i removed ..till now the pc with my lite version of Vista runs marvelouse..i,m on it 24-7

One shall see how long that will stay that way !

Good luck all newbees and testers !!!

ultra_lite.ini

Edited by studio48

in the ini file you have postet aren't any settings written???
i skip help files cause i never use them lmao..

Hey check the preset file open it and apply and see what i removed ..till now the pc with my lite version of Vista runs marvelouse..i,m on it 24-7

One shall see how long that will stay that way !

Good luck all newbees and testers !!!

Lol in some way i think i will just type my replies in notepad first then paste it cause its been 2 times now that my whole story get wiped while typing it here in the forum..am i beeing hacked lol?

why do people keep saying it's empty ?

ultraliteinium5wd4.jpg

ok then i'm so sorry it was just that... in his first post he look so inteligent .....

Edited by Mcfly000

My Badddd please dont fight my dear friends...i made so many preset files since i get to know Vlite that i by accident posted an empty file..i will correct that in 1 hour from now..because i will download the latest version of the great Vlite software and make a new preset file that i will post here the minute its done.i am thinking to make it small again this time with only english and no help files..the outlook will be removed and also the security centre ..balloon tips and other not really necessary build in software..media player 11 will be removed and moviemaker aswel..wmp10 works just fine on vista ultimate and i will copy my excisting moviemaker from winxp ..because an normal installation of moviemaker 2.1 wont be accepted by windows vista...installation ...

But , when i copy the folder with all contens from the programfiles folder in windows xp(legitimeversion on my other pc) and paste in in Vista (anywhere) and run the exe file it runs just fine aswel..reasson i do it this way is because i get issues with vista video drivers when trying to run the original moviemaker shipt with vista..pffft..hope you understood what i try to explaine..my englishhhhhhh!!!!

So that will be it for now..see ya in about 1 hour !!

Building timeeeee

And now it time for a seriouse but easy how to movie about Vlite hope it helps..

and dont laughhhh!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nqQ8inRiE

Edited by studio48

Tried the Home version and made it lite ...ended up with a 688mb iso file that installs nice !

I left media player this time and the theme ...alll looks fine and works..

Question....what are the biggest differences between home and lite?

saw that the network part has some more options in ultimate version..

Anyway this home lite version seems to be perfect for a pc with 375 mb ram available !!